~£200 Android phone suggestions

Permabanned
Keep us updated on battery life. That's the main issue for me!

The battery is very strong. With very light use of the WiFi, it can last for 10 days, my own estimation now. I am through the first cycle charge-discharge and currently 82% after 1 day and 14 hours.

Look, if you use the phone very intensely, no battery will last you for very long.

BTW, there are extremely dense batteries, like 10,000 mAh and higher.

Permabanned
How are you finding this? I need a secondary phone running Android and seems to fit the bill.

Also where is best to order? You seemed to get yours fast and have seen some long lead times..

Hi,

This one but requires PayPal https://www.sunsky-online.com/view/610229/[HK Stock] VKworld S8 4GB 64GB.htm

here are your best offers: https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/price/eea14627

I ordered via aliexpress and DHL, and the shipping took one day only. I ordered on the 28th Feb, and the phone was in my hands on the 2nd March.

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
What's the ROM like on the VKworld S8? It say's Android 7.0 but it is stock or a knock-off Chinese one? Doesn't look like it supports BT network either, unless its just been missed off the specs. Could be an ideal option for someone I know if BT network is indeed supported.

Permabanned
What's the ROM like on the VKworld S8? It say's Android 7.0 but it is stock or a knock-off Chinese one?

It is a normal Android 7.0. I see nothing Chinese in it. The only thing Chinese was the icon of the Calendar app. But when you open the app and then exit, the Calendar icon gets the current date number.

Doesn't look like it supports BT network either, unless its just been missed off the specs. Could be an ideal option for someone I know if BT network is indeed supported.

I guess you just follow what is written in the link.
But it has to support all networks. Can't see what so different is in the BT network, so it won't work with it.

Then there is the oukitel k10000 with a 10000mah battery.

This phone is also impressive in its design - Australian calf leather?!

Soldato
Well for me I needed an android phone as a secondary and didn't want to spend much more than 150, looks like it does the job and is asthetically pleasing compared to the others on offer .

Permabanned
Well for me I needed an android phone as a secondary and didn't want to spend much more than 150, looks like it does the job and is asthetically pleasing compared to the others on offer .

The VKworld S8 can be much more than a secondary phone. Actually, it performs and is brilliant. Has a place for two SIM cards or a SIM card + memory card.

Caporegime
I have been looking at phones over the past week, nearly went for a Honor 9 lite as I had some Amazon vouchers from doing a week long survey, I saw a Moto G5 Plus in warehouse deals and after using my vouchers it came to £81, once it arrived it became apparent it was a German phone as the charger was 2 pin, contacted Amazon and it only ended up costing me £56 :D

Soldato
Recently ordered a Moto G5S Plus for the gf, I am very impressed with it. As an S8 user, I would happily have it, especially at the fraction of the cost that it is. She's really pleased with it too.

Associate
The LG X Fast seems good specs for under a £100 if you don't mind not having the latest version of Android.

https://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/lg-x-fast-x-mach-lgk600y-x5-32gb-3gb-ram-dual-sim-white.html

This arrived yesterday, and for a cheap phone I'm really impressed. I ordered a 'black' version though it's more of a dark grey:

https://www.eglobalcentral.co.uk/lg-x-fast-x-mach-lgk600y-x5-32gb-3gb-ram-dual-sim-titan-black.html

Seems really nippy and runs everything I've thrown at it so far. Works fine on the Vodafone network. The case is plastic, though I'm not that bothered about flashy cases as I always put a protective gel cover on in any event.

It feels a bit weird going back to Android Marshmallow from Nougat on my Sony Xperia Z5, though apart from one or two glitches it seems as functional as Nougat (limited number of icons in one folder, can't find a way of getting more than one icon for each app).

GPS is accurate, battery life seems good - though I'll see what it's like after a dew days of use and the recharging cycle has calmed down.

But overall, thanks for the tip on such a great phone. For about £110 including postage it seems a real bargain!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom