£2000 build ? And £1000 monitor

Soldato
Thanks, I’m confused now will you do me a basket what I need to buy ! With the best build for my budget please. Got all confused now with the different baskets sorry

The builds will be similar for either resolution. You want as much gpu as you can for 4K. An RTX 2080 will run it, but you might have to lower some settings depending on the framerate you want and how demanding the game is. At 1440p or widescreen 1440p you will get a higher framerate at the same settings.

So I would look at the types of games you mainly play and go from there. For 1st person shooters and racing games then a widescreen or 1440p would be great. If you play mainly 3rd person games, or rpg/adventure/strategy etc then 4K might suit better as you probably won't need 100fps+.

Associate
I am genuinely curious why so many people recommend spending almost £300 on a CPU and then opt for a B450 Mobo for £95?

Wouldn’t an X470 or x570 board be the better, safer and more future proof choice? Easier to change a CPU then to swap a motherboard.

Soldato
I am genuinely curious why so many people recommend spending almost £300 on a CPU and then opt for a B450 Mobo for £95?

Wouldn’t an X470 or x570 board be the better, safer and more future proof choice? Easier to change a CPU then to swap a motherboard.

You don't really need anything more than a B450 board for a gaming pc. An X470 chipset doesn't really offer anything extra that you need. An X570 gives you pcie 4.0 which again isn't needed. If for some reason you need wifi 6 then you can buy an adapter. Also you have bad boards on X470 and X570 just like you do on B450, so the chipset is irrelevant for the most part.

Man of Honour
I'm genuinely curious why you think spending more on the mobo would "futureproof" oneself any more than a £95 mobo...

Associate
I'm genuinely curious why you think spending more on the mobo would "futureproof" oneself any more than a £95 mobo...

Well for one, for future upgrades, its seems a much easier process for me to remove the cooler and swap a new CPU in than have to uninstall and swap my mobo, but i guess individual mileage may vary.

Again I am only guessing here, but the B450 were released with the ryzen 1xxx CPUs and we’re now on ryzen 3xxx. Is the Bios on the same level as on the X570 boards? Does the memory run plug and play at 3200/3600/4000?

The OP wanted future proof and longevity. Does that B450 really provide that vs. X570?

And personally, it just seems weird spending £300 on a CPU, pairing it with high quality RAM, a high quality cooler and pending on post above a GFX card ranging from £650-£1000 plus and then pairing all that kit with a budget / entry level mobo. Maybe I got it all wrong and I gobbled up the sale pitch and bought the snake oil.

Which is why i was genuinely curious what the reasoning was to suggest the B450 board.

Man of Honour
Well for one, for future upgrades, its seems a much easier process for me to remove the cooler and swap a new CPU in than have to uninstall and swap my mobo, but i guess individual mileage may vary.
What future upgrade would you need from x470/x570 that b450 cannot provide?
Bios? AMD have stated support until 2020 (Ryzen 4000) and all board OEMs have released bios updates on time for the last couple years...no reason to doubt this will be any different for the last generation of AM4 processors... especially with a board that's a best seller
VRMs? We're not recommending bargain basement b450...and tomahawk/mortar/pro carbon b450 can handle high core counts decently.
Sli? Lol dead tech
Pci-e 4? Pointless for GPU (and to a lesser extent, SSDs)
More SATA ports? How many does the average user use?
More nvme ports? See above
Usb 3.2? Maybe

So...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom