2001 Honda Insight Mk1 - The OG hybrid now joined by a CRZ

Caporegime
Me and a mate do 50 miles to work each day and we often discuss the merits of one of these cars. I'd certainly consider one for my commute. I don't get above 60 anyway and it takes the same time give or take a couple of minutes to get to work at my leasurely 60 as when my mate drives and he is moving in and out of lanes at 75+.

Associate
[TW]Fox;13601557 said:
There is something I dont get about small super eco cars.

a) Small, lightweight super eco cars get good fuel economy
b) In order to personally benefit financially from good fuel economy, you need to do lots of miles
c) Doing lots of miles in a small, lightweight super eco car I find completely horrible, but others find acceptable.

FTFY

I don't know you personally so I am unsure if you are skinny as a rake living in your parents basement or fat as **** living in your parents basement but some people find driving a small super eco car is not in any way horrible, and that the occasional trip on a larger road may not be too bad or they may take their other car which is more suited.

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
How many cells per pack?

Could probably get Sanyo cells cheaper and build the packs yourself.

Probably not? The current draw in the big issue.

They are spot welded in a line of 6, essentially a 7.2V module, then 20 of those are strung together in series with bolted end caps.

Ive got my eye on some Sanyos that now need 'disposing' (Ford Fusion Pack) and they take 100A charge so could take advantage of that.

Man of Honour
FTFY

I don't know you personally so I am unsure if you are skinny as a rake living in your parents basement or fat as **** living in your parents basement but some people find driving a small super eco car is not in any way horrible, and that the occasional trip on a larger road may not be too bad or they may take their other car which is more suited.

What are you blabbering on about? Do you often launch into random and nonsensical tirades after reading posts made years ago?

Suspended
OP
You could have atleast got a cr-z.

But even now that would be a new car and this is OCUK, we dont buy new cars :p

I like the CR-Z, I took one out on testdrive on launch week and have had one on the emission circuit for competitor NVH benchmarking however the rear seats are two small to make it my main car and it would be a few years before I'd consider one out of warranty sub £10k ready for a HKS supercharger to 170bhp.

No one better the start the hybrid weight rubbish either. The elegant Honda IMA adds a whole 65kg to the car.

Back
Top Bottom