2005/2006 F1 News and Testing.

Man of Honour
OP
Apologies for the lack of updates..

Stuck on a 64k line at work as the ADSL router decided to cook itself at 1am today and we're trying to get the replacement working...

Normal service will be resumed later...hopefully

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
rpstewart said:
There's not much happening, no interesting updates on Autosport anyway.

DOH!! I really should check before I stick my foot in my gob...

Sato shakes down Super Aguri
The Super Aguri Formula One team moved a step closer to being ready for the season-opening race when they completed the first shakedown of their car, autosport.com can reveal.

The Honda-powered squad turned up at the Kemble airfield in Gloucestershire, England, with two trucks, one containing the car and a second one with Honda F1 Racing livery.

Japanese driver Takuma Sato, who is the man expected to land one of the racing seats in the team, was in charge of testing the SA05 machine, which is based on the 2002 Arrows bought from former Minardi owner Paul Stoddart.

The car, without livery, was first fired up around lunch time and then again later in the afternoon, completing two runs.

Sato is expected to be confirmed as a Super Aguri driver soon.

Super Aguri will begin their first proper test at Barcelona in Spain on February 21-23 and will then carry out a further shakedown at Silverstone on February 28.

The team plan to start the season with the SA05, but they are hoping to launch their new Honda-powered SA06 for the European season.

They face a race against time after the FIA finally confirmed their entry had been accepted last month.

There is a pic but it's small and the car is dwarfed by the 747 in the background - all I can say is the car is white....

Man of Honour
ashtray_head said:
Heheh

dont panic Simon
Us lazy dudes can just surf for the news ourselves.... or wait for Mr Stewart to post it...

Hey!! wheres the piccies :p :p

me gets coat!! :D

Calm down! Calm down!

Best can do I'm afraid...

sa05.jpg

Edit: Any bets the 747 is actually faster despite having no engines????

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Duke said:
Woo Kemble :) Why would they pick that instead of the regular F1 test tracks?

Probably becuase it's out of the way and iIn the UK *in case of Sato...sorry...accidents*

They know they're going to be dog slow - so why advertise it with other teams present?

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
Alonso has driven a Mercedes

Although he won't switch from Renault until next year, world champion Fernando Alonso has already tested a silver Mercedes.

However, the car in question was a Mercedes-Benz road car, as he made his way to a recent test session for Renault, according to Germany's Sport1 website.

Alonso confessed that the choice of hire car could have been wiser.

'But it wasn't my fault,' the Spaniard reportedly said in a radio interview, 'it was just what the rental company gave me.'

It has also emerged that a Mercedes-Benz once driven by eventual seven time world champion Michael Schumacher will be auctioned later this month.

The starting bid will be $830,000, for the Sauber-Mercedes C11 that the German steered to fifth at Le Mans in 1991.

Back
Top Bottom