Monteiro
Friesacher
M.Schumacher
Heidfeld
Albers

Man of Honour
OP
Looks like Schumacher may be able to change his engine then...great.... :(

But then again - that engine will then have to last 2 races - not that much of an advantage.

Man of Honour
OP
Fisi looks pleased. Not surprised tbh. He's going to be presented with the trophie this time rather than someone else getting it. :D

Renault are looking very good this year.

Soldato
Good race, nice to see Fisichella take the win, would've liked Alonso to get second but can't have it all...

Raikkonen didn't do too bad imo, started from the back, after his first pit stop he was flying for a bit, then the bargeboard got messed up and he slowed right down :(

Montoya was a bit dissapointing imo...

Williams didn't do as bad as i thought they might...

Red Bull team did well for what used to be a middle of the field team :)

Soldato
Well rule changes brought in to make the sport safer and more enjoyable for spectators, i can honestly say that was one of the most boring races i have ever seen, i dont think the qualifying helped with the weather and kimi's idiocy of stalling on the grid. but an interesting first race just shame it was so bloody boring!

Congrats to fisichella, drove a strong solid race. But driver of the day as brundle says has to be alonso, done a fantastic job! As did the red bull racing guys!

Hopefully the rest of the season wont be so dull!

final point:I was surprised about the lack of pace the mclarens had in race!

Man of Honour
OP
One of the few times I'm happy to hear the Italian retreating March..umm..national anthem even... :D

And the French Anthem. haven't really heard this much since Prost. :D

Man of Honour
OP
What a great trophy they get.

It's simpley stunning - wooden steering wheel, silber, gold and diamonds. And it's tastefull. *unlike a lot of trophys..*

Associate
few surprises there, didn't expect red bull to be quite so fast, and then i also didn't think mclaren would be that slow!! well done coulthard, also clever move by bar there, hopefully it will pay off for button

Man of Honour
OP
Drivers Championship Standings
Fisichella - 10
Barrichello - 8
Alonso - 6
Coulthard - 5
Webber - 4
Montoya - 3
Klien - 2
Raikkonen - 1

Constructors Championship Standings
Renault - 16
Ferrari - 8
Red Bull Racing - 7
Williams - 4
McLaren - 4

Soldato
Was a pretty damn boring race, pleasant result. Hilarious to see Schumacher's massive brain-fade! :D
Shocking to see Villeneuve ruining the race for many drivers, he shouldn't be racing, give it up please! You're no longer a fast racing driver!
Shame to see Heidfeld's race trashed, but that's just the way it goes.
Class from Red Bull, shame DC couldn't get a podium, he drove great today.

Hopefully they change the quali format soon, but I am concerned to hear Ferrari developing their car (fuel tank) for new rules that haven't been made yet... :(

fuz

fuz

Associate
Pretty good race on an average track, great position for Coulthard, good drive by Fisichella, Alonso was fantastic. I was very disappointed by Villenueve's lack of pace and expected more from him after his position in qualifying, I hope this season will be pretty open.

Man of Honour
OP
Emlyn_Dewar said:
Was a pretty damn boring race, pleasant result. Hilarious to see Schumacher's massive brain-fade! :D
Shocking to see Villeneuve ruining the race for many drivers, he shouldn't be racing, give it up please! You're no longer a fast racing driver!
Shame to see Heidfeld's race trashed, but that's just the way it goes.
Class from Red Bull, shame DC couldn't get a podium, he drove great today.

Hopefully they change the quali format soon, but I am concerned to hear Ferrari developing their car (fuel tank) for new rules that haven't been made yet... :(

Completely agree. Especially with the Ferrari bit - But then again, why should Ferrari be treated any differently to how they've become to expect to be treated ;)

Why shouldn't M.Schumacher help design racing circuits for F1, Why shouldt half the people on the FIA F1 rules bard be Ferrari employees.

Man of Honour
OP
Both BAR drivers were told they had engine problems and had to stop - so maybe the team exploiting the rules there.

Will be interesting to see if the FIA try to anything about it.

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom