2005 European Grand Prix

Oh no - that would mean they would need to take equal standing to other teams..

Since when have Ferrari been equal with their - Change that rule and we will leave F1 - threat every couple of years..cue the FIA caving in..

NicktheNorse said:
What?! What happened to the driver's interview?

Will be on the highlights, they have ran out of time.

And can I just say, what a cracking race!!!! Hard luck to Kimi, would have preffered him to win (though I have nothing against Alonso) but good on him and McLaren leaving him out, was very much worth a go in my opinion.

Flibster said:
Alonso takes the win.

Well done Alonso - You don't quite deserve it - but well done anyway. :D

Feel sorry for Raikkonen

He looked after his car and tyres better in the race, think he did deserve it ;).

Memphis says, Will be on the highlights, they have ran out of time.

No excuse: thats not our fault!

Have emailed ITV again with complaint!

Last edited:
quite a good race, bit of a dull mid-section!

unfortunate for massa and kimi about their tyres! luckily raikkonen started his last lap so wont be at such a disadvantage at the next race's qualifying, so can hopefully keep the pressure on alonso! but overall a good race!

Think this is right...

Current Championship Standings - Subject to conformation.

2005 Drivers Championship.
Code:
[b]Pos	Driver			Nationality	Team			Points[/b]
1 	Fernando Alonso 	Spanish 	Renault 		59
=3	Kimi Räikkönen		Finnish		McLaren-Mercedes	27
=3	Jarno Trulli		Italian		Toyota			27
4	Nick Heidfeld		German		Williams-BMW		25
5	Mark Webber		Australian	Williams-BMW		18
=7	Ralf Schumacher		German		Toyota			17
=7	Giancarlo Fisichella 	Italian		Renault 		17 
=9	Juan Pablo Montoya	Colombian	McLaren-Mercedes	16
=9	Michael Schumacher	German		Ferrari			16
=11	David Coulthard 	British 	Red Bull Racing 	15
=11 	Rubens Barrichello 	Brazilian 	Ferrari 		15
12	Alex Wurz		Austrian	McLaren-Mercedes	6
13	Jacques Villeneuve	Canadian	Sauber-Petronas		5
14	Pedro De la Rosa	Spanish		McLaren-Mercedes	4
15	Christian Klien		Austrian	Red Bull Racing		3
16	Felipe Massa		Brazilian	Sauber-Petronas		2
17	Vitatonio Liuzzi	Italian		Red Bull Racing		1

2005 Constructors Championship.
Code:
[b]Pos	Constructor 		Points[/b]
1	Renault			76
2	McLaren-Mercedes	53
3	Toyota			44
4	Williams-BMW		43
5	Ferrari			31
6	Red Bull Racing		19
7	Sauber-Petronas		7

Last edited:
Shame for Kimi, it's going to very hard for him to catch Alonso now :(

rpstewart said:
- The front wing interests me, why do they need that extra chin wing? We're now 6 races in and no one else has one, they've had plenty of time to try it so it's obviously not required by anyone else. What that suggests is that the F2005 is lacking front end downforce, given that MS likes a sticky front end this will be a big problem.

RP - You could say the same about McLaren's mid-mounted 'v' shape wings. Other teams must have tried them in the tunnels etc etc and no one else has them fitted

ITV should have something on after the races (where possible) that can be canned if and when the race overruns - they should always show the press conference and associated interviews. Not everyone can or wants to watch the highlights - for instance I dont need to as I have taped every race so far one of my Hauppauge PVR 350 cards.

SDK^ said:
Shame for Kimi, it's going to very hard for him to catch Alonso now :(

RP - You could say the same about McLaren's mid-mounted 'v' shape wings. Other teams must have tried them in the tunnels etc etc and no one else has them fitted

Raikkonen needs to have some seriously good races and Alonso needs some bad ones to get back in touch.

The McLaren 'horns' produce next to no downforce. They're flow conditioners that focusses the airflow towards the centre of the rear wing to produce the maximum amount of downforce for the miminum amount of additional drag.

Info on when the highlights are on...

Highlights: Monday 30 May 0025-0120 (ITV1)
Highlights: Tuesday 31 May 0225-0315 (ITV2)
Full race replay: Wednesday 1 June 0050-0355 (ITV1)

Full race replay on wednesday??? Nice.. :rolleyes:

I would have done the same thing as Kimi and stayed out, but someone should have put the sensible head on and brought him in and changed the tyre. It would have netted him valuable points and made it more likely that he challenge succesfully for the championshio.

I know it was the suspension that failed, but with a nice smooth tyre on the front right it may have lasted another couple of laps.

Flibster - are watching the races on a satellite feed? not ITV?

People in Eire can see it on Setanta Sport on SKY, and whilst I can subscribe to Setanta Sport Ireland (live in N Ireland) they still block us in Ulster from seeing the F1 - I know as when we had the Sunday morning Qualifying I tried to subscribe to Setanta with the aim of seeing that decisive qualifying session.

I was watching the GP2 race on Eurosport before the race and they have an interesting take on the fastest lap. The driver who gets the Fastest Lap gets 2 world championship points, so long as they have completed 90% race distance by the end (to stop people taking 7-8 laps fixing a car and sending it back out to get the fastest lap and nothing else). Would certainly mix things up a bit in F1.

goreblast said:
Flibster - are watching the races on a satellite feed? not ITV?

People in Eire can see it on Setanta Sport on SKY, and whilst I can subscribe to Setanta Sport Ireland (live in N Ireland) they still block us in Ulster from seeing the F1 - I know as when we had the Sunday morning Qualifying I tried to subscribe to Setanta with the aim of seeing that decisive qualifying session.

Kind of...

Mainly record the ITV feed on my HTPC *about a 10 second delay there...* and have the Aussie TV feed available to me with about a 30 second delay.

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom