2005 German Grand Prix

Montoya 2nd, Button 3rd, Fisichella 4th, M.Schumacher 5th, R.Schumacher 6th, Coulthard 7th, Massa 8th....

Well Done Alonso. Very calculated drive - no real pressure anywhere

Flibster said:
So...what happens if there is no grooves left on the tyre - techically there has to be visible grooves left on the wheel otherwise it's classed as an illegal slick...

You know - what Ferrari and Bridgestone were complaining about with Michelin's wheels.. ;)

I've lost count of the number of Michelin runners who have finished with slicks in previous races in this season and in previous seasons ;). Barachello was complaining of low grip levels and he is supposedly on a much harder compound (think Bridgestone wont be getting a new contract with Ferrari ;) ).

Kimi looked like he was pushing too hard, only one going at that pace and tbh he didnt really need to.

Race Results. Subject to conformation

Code:
[b]Driver			Team[/b]
Fernando Alonso		Renault			
Juan Pablo Montoya	McLaren-Mercedes	+22.5
Jenson Button		BAR-Honda		+24.4
Giancarlo Fisichella	Renault			+50.5
Michael Schumacher	Ferrari			+51.6
Ralf Schumacher		Toyota			+52.2
David Coulthard		Red Bull Racing		+52.7
Felipe Massa		Sauber-Petronas		+56.5
Christian Klien		Red Bull Racing		+69.8
Rubens Barrichello	Ferrari			+1 lap
Nick Heidfeld		Williams-BMW		+1 lap
Takuma Sato		BAR-Honda		+1 lap
Christijan Albers	Minardi-Cosworth	+2 laps
Jarno Trulli		Toyota			+3 laps 	Retired
Jacques Villeneuve	Sauber-Petronas		+3 laps
Narain Karthikeyan	Jordan-Toyota		+3 laps
Tiago Monteiro		Jordan-Toyota		+3 laps
Robert Doornbos		Minardi-Cosworth	+4 laps
Mark Webber		Williams-BMW		+12 laps
Kimi Räikkönen		McLaren-Mercedes	+32 Laps	Retired

Gah...once again we have the faster car...and once again it lets us down.

Im so frustrated!!! Let alone how Iceman Kimi must feel....my heart goes out to him

Again - I think this is right...

Current Championship Standings.

2005 Drivers Championship.
Code:
[b]Pos	Driver			Nationality	Team			Points[/b]
1 	Fernando Alonso		Spanish		Renault			87
2 	Kimi Räikkönen		Finnish		McLaren-Mercedes	51 
3 	Michael Schumacher	German		Ferrari			47
4 	Juan Pablo Montoya	Colombian	McLaren-Mercedes	34
=6 	Jarno Trulli		Italian		Toyota			31 
=6 	Rubens Barrichello	Brazilian	Ferrari			31 
7 	Giancarlo Fisichella	Italian		Renault			30 
8	Ralf Schumacher		German		Toyota			26
9	Nick Heidfeld		German		Williams-BMW		25 
10 	Mark Webber		Australian	Williams-BMW		22 
11	David Coulthard		British		Red Bull Racing		19 
12	Jenson Button		British		BAR-Honda		15
13 	Felipe Massa		Brazilian	Sauber-Petronas		8 
=16 	Tiago Monteiro		Portuguese	Jordan-Toyota		6 
=16 	Alexander Wurz		Austrian	McLaren-Mercedes	6 
=16 	Jacques Villeneuve	Canadian	Sauber-Petronas		6 
17 	Narain Karthikeyan	Indian		Jordan-Toyota		5 
=20 	Christijan Albers	Dutch		Minardi-Cosworth	4 
=20 	Pedro de la Rosa	Spanish		McLaren-Mercedes	4 
=20 	Christian Klien		Austrian	Red Bull Racing		4 
21 	Patrick Friesacher	Austrian	Minardi-Cosworth	3 
22 	Vitantonio Liuzzi	Italian		Red Bull Racing		1

2005 Constructors Championship.
Code:
[b]Pos	Constructor 		Points[/b]
1	Renault			117
2	McLaren-Mercedes	95
3	Ferrari			78
5	Toyota			54
5	Williams-BMW		47
6	Red Bull Racing		24
7	BAR-Honda		18
8	Sauber-Petronas		14
9	Jordan-Toyota		11
10	Minardi-Cosworth	7

Raikkonen would have had an extra 3 wins and possibly another 2 on top of that if it wasn't for the unreliability from that car.

Shame...would have made the championship much closer...much much closer.

Driver of the day.

Just for the first lap - Montoya - 9 cars in 1 lap.
Beats Senna's previous 5 in one lap *although Senna's were more competent drivers..*

Montoya just did what was needed when it was needed. If only Raikkonen could get a car which would allow him to.

terrible luck for kimi again, looks like the title has gone for him this year. Really hope Mclaren get the reliability together for next year, has really cost the spectators the possibility of Rakkonen and Alonso going wheel to wheel.

unfortunately that would seem the case, especially looking at how montoya was stuck behind fisichella (i think) half way through the race. He just couldn't close enough to pass him.

Bah! Sounds like it was a decent race. I tried to listen to it on radio 5 in the car but AM reception through Cumbria is naff so I gave up.

Sounds like MS has admitted he can't win the title this year - I would post the Autosport article but they've rejigged their subscribers login system again and screwed it up again :mad: That's yet another thing I need to get sorted tomorrow...

This sounds interesting...

F1 future starts Monday - 24 July 2005
The group formerly known as 'GPWC' will reveal its 2008 regulations proposals to the media and the FIA on Monday.

It will be distributed in the form of a joint press release bearing the names of F1's carmakers and every grand prix team except Concorde signatories Ferrari, Red Bull and Jordan.

Meanwhile, Bernie Ecclestone responded with caution to the Sunday Telegraph's bombshell that Hong Kong conglomerate Hutchison Whampoa had made a $1bn bid to buy Formula One.

'I'm happy with the banks,' the F1 supremo said.

'Why do I want to change the shareholders we've got for shareholders we don't know?'

Hutchinson buying F1...sounds good to me...as long as they listen to the important people...the fans...

Will post the rules here as soon as I get them as well...

Simon/~Flibster

I'm actually angry with Mercedes/Illmor myself now, as their incompetence of late is robbing us of a superb end to the season. As it stands now, even if they are fully reliable for every remaining race, Kimi has a mountain to climb to catch Alonso.

Somewhat ironically, I'm almost glad that one of their engine failures occurred in front of the Mercedes management at their home grand prix, as the people responsible deserved to be shown up a bit. Engine failures on the level they've experienced this year would be excusable for a minor manufacturer, but not for the likes of Mercedes.

Also....

Ulsterman linked with team sale

Eddie Irvine has reportedly turned his attention from buying Jordan to Paul Stoddart's back of the grid Minardi team.

The former Jordan, Ferrari and Jaguar racer is apparently set to fly into Hockenheim for talks with the Faenza based team's Aussie owner.

Talks with Jordan fell through when team owner Alex Shnaider demanded from Irvine's Russian associate Roustam Tariko a 'silly' $105m.

''Irvine has been in touch with me,'' Stoddart told The Sun newspaper, ''but we can only start serious talks (when) he puts a $35m deposit on the table.''

Shame - I like Stoddy...He's not afraid to say what he thinks.

On the subject of Doorbos' stop/go penalty, what happened to him after this as he didn't stop for the full 10 seconds (I timed it, was more like 8). I don't think the stewards actually spotted this which suggests they weren't even bothering to time it.

That whole situation was farcical tbh. First they demonstrate a lack of knowledge of the rules by changing tyres and refuelling at the same time, then they can't even time a stop correctly. Short of money they may be but that's no excuse for incompetence of that degree.

That would leave Stoddart free to to go after Maxs job that he has wanted for some time.

As for Kimis engine, maybe if he didn't go so fast it wouldn't have failed as Alonso was doing 1 min16 sec and Kimi was doing 1 min 15 secs then a 1 min 14 sec just. But Mclaren have changed his engine in the past two races, France and Britain to avoid this.

Back
Top Bottom