2005 United States Grand Prix

Soldato
Harley said:
I haven't read this thread in total so what I've got to say has probably been said before.

My opinion .... Formula 1 stopped being worth watching some years ago. For a real race watch MotoGP or Superbike. Or saloon car racing, or the Caterham races, or Fiesta racing for pities sake. Just about anything but F1. No doubt F1 fans won't agree, but to my mind, F1 is dire these days. I won't waste my time with it.
I don't agree, I still think F1 is the best motorsport on TV, the ratings also back that up. I've really tried to get into MotoGP (since people keep saying how great it is), I watched a few races recently but I just find it dull, I don't know why. I've watched F1 for over 15 years now, can count the number of races missed in that time on two hands. The only other motorsport I ever watched seriously was the BTCC in the 90's.

Caporegime
divine_madness said:
I'll agree the previous three or four seasons have been pants, but this season has been quite good actually.

but tbh that is only down to the rule changes which have put an end to Ferrari's dominance over recent years.

When a 7(?) times world champion cannot even begin to be competitive up until getting a free 10pt increase, it is very clear that having the best car is more important than the best driver.

I personally would like to see constructors championship abolished and the cars all made as even as possible.

Soldato
mmj_uk said:
but tbh that is only down to the rule changes which have put an end to Ferrari's dominance over recent years.

When a 7(?) times world champion cannot even begin to be competitive up until getting a free 10pt increase, it is very clear that having the best car is more important than the best driver.

I personally would like to see constructors championship abolished and the cars all made as even as possible.

When you think about it this is the most important point about F1 yet in this thread. And just to add I think most of the performance difference this year has been the tyres, as we saw in San Marino.

Associate
clv101 - what channel do you watch the motoGP on - if it is Eurosport I fail to comprehend how you could find any motoGP race dull. There are people all over the world who listen to the english commentary even though they dont understand it as they sound so excited. It is awesome lots of overtaking, moments on the bikes, the odd fall, rossi winning on the last corner, etc etc. I like to watch all three races (and the sidecar when it used to be on). With it and F1 it just takes up too much time and I have to prioritise.

Associate
How come Rossi winning in 5 out 6 races MotoGP this year and the title for the past few years is exciting but when in F1 it is Ferrari and Shumacher winning it is boring?

Rossi dominating the series and it is good. Shumacher dominating the series and it is boring. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Soldato
Fire 1 said:
How come Rossi winning in 5 out 6 races MotoGP this year and the title for the past few years is exciting but when in F1 it is Ferrari and Shumacher winning it is boring?

Rossi dominating the series and it is good. Shumacher dominating the series and it is boring. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I think it's mainly because Moto GP is a more xciting sport overall as they can overtake, whereas in F1, it is considerably harder.

Associate
I support Ferrari and Michael and yes he dominated for years and it wasnt greta to watch as most other teams had lost the plot and let Ferrari get in front in a league of their own. In MotoGP Rossi is a class act and he may win most things, but for instance he always starts badly and will typically be 6thish after lap one, yet charge through the field and win. Even if he is out front you can have a 6 way battle for 2nd, changing order every corner/lap. The 250 and 125cc races are even more exciting.

I am not too worked about the outcome of the USA gp being a Ferrari fan, but it wasnt good for the sport.

Soldato
Fire 1 said:

Its exciting because Rossi is not on the best bike and goes in to the first corner about 6th then overtakes the other guys and then follows the leader till the last few laps. Then, it seems most of the time he then sets the fastest lapt of the race on the last few laps and sometimes even the last lap!!! :eek:

Rossi was dominating on the superior Honda and left for inferior Yamaha that had not won a championship for about 15 years and is still whooping ass. And there are no team orders, no contacts saying that his team mate cannot beat him.

I'd like to see shuey try that!!!!

Soldato
goreblast said:
I support Ferrari and Michael and yes he dominated for years and it wasnt greta to watch as most other teams had lost the plot and let Ferrari get in front in a league of their own. In MotoGP Rossi is a class act and he may win most things, but for instance he always starts badly and will typically be 6thish after lap one, yet charge through the field and win. Even if he is out front you can have a 6 way battle for 2nd, changing order every corner/lap. The 250 and 125cc races are even more exciting.

I am not too worked about the outcome of the USA gp being a Ferrari fan, but it wasnt good for the sport.

Well Mr Goreblast we disagree on F1 but we are on the same wavelength with Bikes. Rossi is a GOD!!!

Soldato
typical FIA really. didnt bother to try and do anything to help, didnt listen to any of the plea's, and they then act bad when the obvious happens. Im sorry but they KNEW about that problem friday night/sat morning, WHY didnt they do ANYTHING?

the FIA is what is wrong with F1, theres nothing wrong with F1, the FIA mess it up with stupid rules and lack of proper "thinking".

I for one might end up having a season ticket for BTCC/A1 in the uk soon... sod F1, its too expensive and being ruined by berni and mosley :(

f1-vi.jpg
(sorry if repost ;))

Soldato
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that all the teams bar Ferrari need to now drop any notion of re-negotiating a post-2007 deal with Mosley and Ecclestone and start drawing up their own series to replace F1, with no Max, Bernie or Ferrari in sight. This has to be the best way forward for the sport.

Soldato
ashtray_head said:
Rossi is a GOD!!!

Rossi is an admirable opponent....he still has some questionable manouvers [such as this year with Sete Gibernau on that final corner] but it definitely wasnt like Schumacher's i'll take you off approach, as with motorbikes, its do or die, dive down the inside

the best thing was he went to a lower performance team and has brought them up which says a lot about a rider

Back
Top Bottom