2006 Bahrain Grand Prix - Race 1/18

Man of Honour
OP
Raikkoinen 3rd. :D

Would be interesting if the McLaren's tank is as large as I believe it could be...

Possibility for 0 stops...stick it on hard tyres and it could make it.

Man of Honour
OP
I've heard nice little whispers that the Mercedes is surprisingly fuel efficient and as normal the McLaren has a large fuel tank.

It's possible that he could do the race without refuelling - unlikely though as the car would be obscenely heavy at the start...

Man of Honour
OP
Ad break would be nice about now...

3 large mugs of tea and a long middle section of the show do not go together well *crosses legs and does a little dance*

Man of Honour
OP
Alibaba99 said:
The amount of fuel used is proportional to the power of the engine, and the Merc certainly isn't the most powerful on the grid.

It also relies on the ability to extract the maxmimum energy out of a specified amount of fuel...Mercedes has been pretty good at that in the past *although usually it just splats it out the side of the block. ;)*

With the McLaren's large tank and selective mapping of the engine it's entirely possible.

Barrichello is missing 3rd gear...
Could be a bit annoying that.

Man of Honour
OP
Joe T said:
Me cringes - me bought myself a BMW just a week ago - I hope all their engines aint like that....

:p :(

Well....BMW did have something like 150 engine failures in their first season with Williams

Plus - It's a BMW wouldn't trust it to take me to the end of the road without failing in some way...

Man of Honour
OP
Alibaba99 said:
Toyotas look slow, despite getting the '06 car out at the end of the previous season.

Not sure what the problem is...

Aero looks good, chassic with Gascoyne on board should be good, engine should be excellent.

Just wondering if when all bolted together it just doesn't work..

3 months until their B spec car comes out.

Man of Honour
OP
Montoya doing 1:32.856 at the moment.

Alonso on 1:33's
Button on 1:33's
Webber looking good in 5th with 1:33's
Raikkonen full of fuel doing 1:34.5's

Back
Top Bottom