2011 BBQ THREAD!

Soldato
Made me lol. I'd like to think he's done it for a laugh, but how would you explain it to your mates?

"Yeah lads, just spread your cash, car keys & watches on that table...I'm just taking a picture for the internets"

Just get on with life tbh?

Just noticed the Cafe Creme....brilliant
It was quite easy.. we all knew about the joke :p

Soldato
It was quite easy.. we all knew about the joke :p

But presumably, outside of motors, it just comes across as a bit vulgar tbh.

'I have £80 in my wallet and have had several glasses of champagne'

Just find it all a bit odd really. But then, I look back when I was at University, and I thought I was the ****. I wasn't :)

Last edited:
Soldato
But presumably, outside of motors, it just comes across as a bit vulgar tbh.

'I have £80 in my wallet and have had several glasses of champagne'

Just find it all a bit odd really. But then, I look back when I was at University, and I thought I was the ****. I wasn't :)
A lot of people who post in Motors post in La Cuisine, too. Rather than analysing it to death and thinking that it's vulgar, you can accept it's actually a rather well-known OcUK joke and therefore only vulgar in a facetious sense, and thank us for including you in this joke that you will now be privy to from this point forward! :p

Man of Honour
AH have you posted up your bbq sauce recipe before? :)

BBQ sauce.
1 did 7 lots of this
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 onion diced
4 tbsp dark brown sugar
4tbsp vinegar (I used red wine, but cider and others would work)
4tbsp soy sauce
4tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp mushroom sauce (optional)

pict0860b.jpg

Sweat the onions down
pict0862b.jpg

Throw everything else in
pict0863.jpg

Reduce down and taste, you may need to adjust sugar/vinegar
pict0866a.jpg

usually I would leave it like that, but this time I'm going to blend it for a smoother texture
pict0867.jpg

Then bottle, didn't have any pans beg enough to boil sterilise, so these have been washed then placed in a warm oven before filling
pict0868.jpg

Again back in the oven for about 30mins with lids only lose, as soon as they come out tight lids fully.

I love this bbq sauce, but I do want to make a honey and hickory flavoured one, but need to experiment with that, before doing anything this size.
Once my chillis have ripened, going to try some different ones.

Soldato
DSCN0431.jpg

DSCN0427.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

This was the BBQ used from the earlier 'money' posts. It was created to cook meat and it did that well. The grey bag is the briquette charcoal used. In the end after starting the BBQ at about 4-5pm and stopping around midnight we'd used 3/4 of the bag and cooked a huge amount of food. :cool:
The coal chimney is a large one and the whole BBQ was ~4ft by ~2.5ft or so.

Man of Honour
God, catching up on some of the Primal grill episodes and although I'm a red blooded carnivore. But my mouth is drooling at this vegetarian episode.

PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM CHEESE BURGERS
http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_details.asp?RecipeID=184&EpisodeID=20

I hate this program, too many nice ideas.
Think next time will have to put the ribs. And slow cooking to the back and do some of his grilling recipes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone have recommendations for a beef/lamb marinade? I was thinking something oriental flavoured. I was going to marinade the meat then skewer it with some veg before barbecuing. Also what meat would be best to use?

In addition I'm going to try one of these tandori chicken recipes posted here, and I'm doing prawns, probably with lemon/chili/garlic or something like that, then some burgers and sausages.

Nothing BBQ flavoured but might have to save that until next time. :D

Associate
Does anyone have recommendations for a beef/lamb marinade? I was thinking something oriental flavoured. I was going to marinade the meat then skewer it with some veg before barbecuing. Also what meat would be best to use?

Nothing BBQ flavoured but might have to save that until next time. :D

Reggae Reggae sauce.

I had it with lamb and chucked it in a wrap with some salad. One of the best meals of my life.
Marinade it for at least 24 hours

Back
Top Bottom