2013 KTM Duke 690

Soldato
OP
I'm afraid to say that I'm considering selling this bike already. I haven't gelled with it at all and it actually makes me feel fairly nervous. My cornering speeds are laughably slow on it as it just doesn't inspire any confidence. I'm not keen on the engine either, it's made me realise how much I love a high revving inline 4. I'm not 100% that I'll get rid of it yet but I think it's likely and it'll be replaced with a sportsbike of some description...

Soldato
Sucks to hear that, how many hours/miles have you put on it?

Maybe give it a decent enough time to actually get to grips with the bike. It is VERY different to an inline 4 high revver so I would expect it to take some time to 'gel', as you say.

Soldato
I'm afraid to say that I'm considering selling this bike already. I haven't gelled with it at all and it actually makes me feel fairly nervous. My cornering speeds are laughably slow on it as it just doesn't inspire any confidence. I'm not keen on the engine either, it's made me realise how much I love a high revving inline 4. I'm not 100% that I'll get rid of it yet but I think it's likely and it'll be replaced with a sportsbike of some description...

Singles, no matter how highly tuned they are, are unlike riding any other type of bike.
To be fair, you couldnt of picked something further away from what you had previously ridden, it was always going to be a culture shock.

Soldato
OP
I've only done around 350 miles on the bike so far so I should give it a bit longer before I make a final decision. It is a great bike it just feels like I'm never going to gel with it like I did the CBR600. Think I need to plan a decent route for a 100+ mile ride that takes in a few different types of roads and see how I feel after. I knew it would be a different experience to riding a sportsbike but I was definitely naive in not realising how dramatically different it is. Still if I do decide to sell it there are very few for sale second hand so hopefully it will sell quickly.

Back
Top Bottom