2017 Photos

Caporegime
OP
Really nice!
How many photos did you need to stack? (I'm assuming this is a combination, if not, WOW)

It's 1 photo, in camera, I did clone out some power lines that was distracting but it's 1 shot.

Lucky with both where i am pointing the camera and lighting struck at the time of the shutter opened.

I used the 20mm/1.4 so cannot take filters, it was F/16 and ISO 100 and under exposed by 1 stop which gave me a 2.5s shutter opening time.

So I stood there in the rain with my shirt over the camera and pressing the shutter button repeatedly hoping I would get 1 shot with the lighting that happens to be in the right place, and that happens to strike within that 2.5s window...

Caporegime
OP
It is a beautiful photo! Good composition, moment, idea. How do you retouching photo? What presets do you use? What do you think about this presets http://fixthephoto.com/blog/retouch-tips/best-free-lightroom-presets.html ?

I don't use pre-made pre-sets, I mean I have some of them but they never quite work for me, I always end up tweaking them somewhat. I kinda know what I want when I start, and then start tweaking. That of course it means you need to know what each slider does to the photo first but if you don't, just play around with it, it's not destructive so there is no reason not to experiment.

Soldato

I don't use pre-made pre-sets, I mean I have some of them but they never quite work for me, I always end up tweaking them somewhat. I kinda know what I want when I start, and then start tweaking. That of course it means you need to know what each slider does to the photo first but if you don't, just play around with it, it's not destructive so there is no reason not to experiment.
Do you have a rough set of defaults you apply and then tweak or is every photo a one off from scratch?

Back
Top Bottom