2018 World Darts Championships - PDC + BDO

Soldato
MVG had a dip in the middle of the year when he had some back trouble but since the Autumn he has been unbeatable.

The set play format does slightly open it up to the others as you can still come back from a bad set or 2 unlike in legs where if you're 5 or 6 legs behind against him it's curtains.

Realistically I can't see anyone beating him but I'm really interested to see how Rob Cross does here, genuinely the best breakout talent I've seen in the PDC probably ever.
Yeah he didn't do bad in the end did he :D and my comment about best breakout talent in PDC stands!

Man of Honour
Pleased with PL selections as they were my choices, I thought they might go for Jackpot over Smith just for the needle with Price but Smith has looked very good from what I've seen in recent months, I actually thought he was in with a chance of becoming the best English player but Cross has snatched that mantle from him. Very fast and hits a lot of 180s. Don't forget he had match darts vs Cross also which proves he can live with the best.

Caporegime
Love that PL lineup. It was starting to get a bit stale with the same old faces like Lewis, Chisnall, Wade. Players who really hadn’t done that much to warrant inclusion. Glad Mensur got in too. Should be a great year.

Caporegime
Pleased with PL selections as they were my choices, I thought they might go for Jackpot over Smith just for the needle with Price but Smith has looked very good from what I've seen in recent months, I actually thought he was in with a chance of becoming the best English player but Cross has snatched that mantle from him. Very fast and hits a lot of 180s. Don't forget he had match darts vs Cross also which proves he can live with the best.
True. I also think Cross had some early tourney nerves. I don’t think Smith could live with the Cross of tonight.

Man of Honour
I know it doesn't really matter and nobody will remember it in years to come, but worth bearing in mind that Cross lost a staggering 82 legs of darts at the tournament, which is way more than any other player (Taylor lost second most with 64). Taylor, MvG, heck even Lewis all had better leg aggregates than him as well.

Associate
I still watch the BDO every year. I like the venue and it's a post Christmas tradition. But yeah, the quality so far has been a bit shoddy.

Associate
Yeah I'd love to go - I think it's a better venue than the Ali Palace, which is too big and impersonal.

Funny listening to the commentators hyperbole and over-excitement trying to gloss over the crappy playing though :) 75 avg in this current match I believe.

Back
Top Bottom