Soldato
I'll probably keep the MX-5 as I've just bought a flat.

One thing is for certain though, and that's that Gibbo will talk endlessly about his plans in every thread ever :p

Soldato
Well after 10 years in my E46 it's hopefully time to get something new in the next few months. Young family means that a coupe is no longer practical though we've coped well with my wife's fiesta.

At present I'm struggling balance the pros and cons of a heavily depreciating assest I'll need for work/business miles (though low) Vs investments/property and general future security etc.

Associate
Hopefully pick up the new GT4 and get it before my Le Mans track day. Though the 4 will probably be a stop gap to the GT3, the engine in that thing... spine tingling

Will trade in the 507 for the GT4. Usual set of track days lined up, got tickets to Spa 24 hour and while I'm close, go to the ring for a tax lap in a GT3 RS.

Soldato
We're buying a house in the new year, so depending on a) how much space there is and b) how much money we have left over, I'll potentially buy a fun car of some sort to have alongside the Mondeo. MX5, MR2, that sort of thing. An S2000 would be lovely but probably out of budget.

Soldato
Maybe drive it. Been a bit of a struggle with commitments, failed repairs and Toyota warranty issues that dragged on for months to really appreciate the car this year. Exhaust too loud to go on any track so trying to find an affordable solution without sacrificing too much power is my aim next year. GT86 will have been mine for 6 years next year and can't think of another car I would rather have, will hopefully get at least another 6 years out of it.

A Euro road trip would have been great but not something I'd want to do on my larry and lack of Brexit securities puts off planning anything. NC500 would be a good compromise for now.

Soldato
I was thinking about moaning to forum folk about cars I am dreaming about then slagging others off for their car choices whilst posting pictures of metal I would never be able to afford.

All the while crying into my pillow every night swiping through POF and ZOOSK.

On a serious note, still running the Micra and dad car before I can actually get something decent :(

Soldato
I will be putting the current car up for sale in the new year. If it sells it sells. I will then buy a common folk car. Something of 4cyl variant.

I’ve hit a stage of my life where fast cars or ‘wants’ don’t do anything for me now.

Soldato
Try and get my wife to pass her driving test before the next arrival is due in the summer. Then look at buying a newer family wagon. Nothing exciting car related unfortunately so I just have to live vicariously through other people with no children lol.

Back
Top Bottom