2020 World Snooker Championship *SPOILERS*

Soldato
Kyren Wilson has closed a three frame gap this morning from 3-6 down to 7-8.

Now 8-8! Good job. Don't like that angry miserable looking McGill.

I remember a few years ago McGill always seemed to be smiling. I think he was nicknamed 'the smiling assassin'.

Maybe a coach told him he realised he needs to become a miserable git in order to get somewhere. Seems to be working, it would seem.

Hoping Ronnie builds up a big lead to knock the stuffing out of Selby. Anything less than 6-2 and I won't be happy. :p

Should have been 6-2 up end of first session. In a moment, Ronnie may end up being 5-7 behind. :/

Caporegime
It amazes me that Selby has achieved what he has in the game, every time he gets down his head is all over the place. Quite how he remains consistent is a mystery, he's like the Jim Furyk of Snooker.

That being said I could handle his technique if it meant I had his game :p

Caporegime
Fans will be allowed back for the final.. how quickly are those tickets going to get gobbled up? I queued for tickets 2 years ago and all 17 days sold out in a couple of hours.
Have they not already been sold? When the fans were stopped from attending, Hearn said something about people with final tickets should retain them as there could be fans at the final.

Amazing to think Selby and Ronnie have played 16 frames without one century.

Caporegime
That right there is why I have no love for watching Selby. Has a double chance and plays a safety when he’s got to be confident Ronny would concede anyway. Too defensively minded to make it good to watch imo.

Caporegime
Ronny is gone, his head isn’t in it, missing almost everything and by a long stretch too.

edit: maybe not! Hard to think how he’s getting out of this session only 2 behind with how he’s played.

Last edited:
Soldato
Head to head between Ronnie and Mark, is 18-10 to Ronnie. I was surprised to see that given that Ronnie doesn't like playing Mark and cannot beat him when it comes to the World Championship. A lot of people won't be happy, but I can't see that changing in this match. Must be something to do with the longer matches that make Mark a harder opponent for Ronnie to beat compared to shorter matches.

Soldato
It seemed like Ronnie was getting his just deserts for slagging off the newer players - the gods do like punishing hubris - but he's done well to recover. I want a good match this evening.

Back
Top Bottom