2021 Monitors

Soldato
Yeah sadly the monitor market is a mess, sice long way back. I tho will never buy an OLED to use as a monitor. Would constantly worrying about burn in!

Hell I have CX48 right now at home for loan. As I was forced to send back my Q70T, to get replaced as it had extreme backlight bleed. Cant wait for the new one to arrive, and send back this POS OLED. Tested 3 C9's before and even CX 55 inch. Hated them all. Extreme OLED banding and all flicker as hell with g-sync
None flicker at all on the Q70T and I just love the picture. Blacks are deep as that high native contrast. No worthless FALD in it = no blooming. Just to get an even panel will make me super happy. And it will serve me well untill MicroLED comes out later this year. I know TCL do it now. But Of course dont care about them = no HDMI 2.1!

So yeah. Give me a good MicroLED on both Tv and monitor and im set. Will never look at that OLED again, thats for sure!
How does an oled have back light bleed when it doesn't have a back light?

Associate
Yeah sadly the monitor market is a mess, sice long way back. I tho will never buy an OLED to use as a monitor. Would constantly worrying about burn in!

Hell I have CX48 right now at home for loan. As I was forced to send back my Q70T, to get replaced as it had extreme backlight bleed. Cant wait for the new one to arrive, and send back this POS OLED. Tested 3 C9's before and even CX 55 inch. Hated them all. Extreme OLED banding and all flicker as hell with g-sync
None flicker at all on the Q70T and I just love the picture. Blacks are deep as that high native contrast. No worthless FALD in it = no blooming. Just to get an even panel will make me super happy. And it will serve me well untill MicroLED comes out later this year. I know TCL do it now. But Of course dont care about them = no HDMI 2.1!

So yeah. Give me a good MicroLED on both Tv and monitor and im set. Will never look at that OLED again, thats for sure!

you must have been seriously unlucky.

my LG CX55 run perfectly. The uniformity is the best I’ve seen. The only issue I have is the damn thing requires me to restart the PC every-time I turn it on as I get no PC signal.

Those Asus ROG 4k 144hz monitors have an internal fan that drove me nuts. Hopefully the new one doesn’t have one, but I’ll never buy a monitor again that sounds as loud as those do. It carries on 15 minutes too after it’s turned off!

Associate
you must have been seriously unlucky.

my LG CX55 run perfectly. The uniformity is the best I’ve seen. The only issue I have is the damn thing requires me to restart the PC every-time I turn it on as I get no PC signal.

Those Asus ROG 4k 144hz monitors have an internal fan that drove me nuts. Hopefully the new one doesn’t have one, but I’ll never buy a monitor again that sounds as loud as those do. It carries on 15 minutes too after it’s turned off!

Yeah very much so. Talk about extreme unlucky. Well it is what it is. As you seen even that Q70T was extreme to - backlight bleed as crazy.
Btw, the store did agree and a new one is on the way. Dont know how much longer I can stand this. The new one better be good. This driving me nuts really..LOL!

Oh and good to hear your CX plays fine. Happy for ya buddy

Caporegime

I dont get that.

You prefer the Q70T which has no local dimming, no HDR, isnt even as bright as an OLED panel, is a VA panel so has issues with black crush, is a BGR sub-pixel panel so has issues with text clarity if using it as a pc monitor, uses PWM to adjust the backlight, has slow response times. Its only great things are its very low lag times and native contrast of 7000:1.

Overall it sounds like one of the worst screens you could pick to use as a PC monitor tbh, maybe fine to use as for console gaming.

Associate
I dont get that.

You prefer the Q70T which has no local dimming, no HDR, isnt even as bright as an OLED panel, is a VA panel so has issues with black crush, is a BGR sub-pixel panel so has issues with text clarity if using it as a pc monitor, uses PWM to adjust the backlight, has slow response times. Its only great things are its very low lag times and native contrast of 7000:1.

Overall it sounds like one of the worst screens you could pick to use as a PC monitor tbh, maybe fine to use as for console gaming.

Hell heah I do. As I said - no FALD, is so much better, as Samsung 2020 local dimming is a frikking Joke. Was just killing the Q90T I tested before!
Much better with this high contrast on Q70T.
Also said I will go MinuLED. Probably BF allready, with Samsung NEO. This is just a perfect and IMO clearly the best stopgap!

Oh and were did I say use it as a Monitor. I have my PG279Q for text/work. No way would I use such large Tv for that. Gaming and movies of course only!

Caporegime
Hell heah I do. As I said - no FALD, is so much better, as Samsung 2020 local dimming is a frikking Joke. Was just killing the Q90T I tested before!
Much better with this high contrast on Q70T.
Also said I will go MinuLED. Probably BF allready, with Samsung NEO. This is just a perfect and IMO clearly the best stopgap!

Oh and were did I say use it as a Monitor. I have my PG279Q for text/work. No way would I use such large Tv for that. Gaming and movies of course only!

Well since this is a computer forum and you are posting on a thread all about using TVs as PC monitors, it kinda of was just assumed that you must be.

Hence the confusion with myself and others as to why you would be using such a poor choice of TV for a monitor!

And there is no FALD and blooming on OLED which is what you were comparing to so again we are all confused. We all know that FALD TVs are flawed for HDR and with zones they show bloom. Even mini LED from samsung wont save you as there is still 1000 zones (sounds a lot but on a 4k 55" screen thats still one inch square sections being illuminated and cant compete with OLED.). The current king of mini led TVs, the TCL 8 series only does 160 zones of backlighting but its better than any VA TV at least.

You wont get HDR looking perfect until micro led screens become affordable.

Soldato
A 27-inch 4K OLED Monitor (27EP950) is Coming from LG This Year!
Except only 60Hz, so very meh.

It's that expensive Jensen's buttsync module which has that tiny fan. (as extra point of failure)
FreeSync monitors don't suffer from that problem.

Permabanned
Correct but then again FreeSync/G-Sync Comp is not as good, if Samsung put a hardware module in the Odyssey G7 it would not have been such an abortion.

I have no doubt with revisions and better silicon the module in the 4K/High HZ will not need active cooling look at Mobo chipsets now or 10Gb/s NIC's, these all had fans 15-20 years ago.

Associate
Correct but then again FreeSync/G-Sync Comp is not as good, if Samsung put a hardware module in the Odyssey G7 it would not have been such an abortion.

I have no doubt with revisions and better silicon the module in the 4K/High HZ will not need active cooling look at Mobo chipsets now or 10Gb/s NIC's, these all had fans 15-20 years ago.

Exactly, as noting beats true HW - as allways :D
We need options, so heres hoping that the 4K version will come with it. I know I would jump all over it. A g-sync module is whats needed!

Associate
Well since this is a computer forum and you are posting on a thread all about using TVs as PC monitors, it kinda of was just assumed that you must be.

Hence the confusion with myself and others as to why you would be using such a poor choice of TV for a monitor!

And there is no FALD and blooming on OLED which is what you were comparing to so again we are all confused. We all know that FALD TVs are flawed for HDR and with zones they show bloom. Even mini LED from samsung wont save you as there is still 1000 zones (sounds a lot but on a 4k 55" screen thats still one inch square sections being illuminated and cant compete with OLED.). The current king of mini led TVs, the TCL 8 series only does 160 zones of backlighting but its better than any VA TV at least.

You wont get HDR looking perfect until micro led screens become affordable.

Oh yeah sorry about that buddy. Dident think about it, but should -as you said it's the monitor forum. That said I use the Tv for gaming tho. But sometimes couch gaming can never beat a good monitor. I mean, just to sit in that nice chair with a monitor . I prefer 32 inch. So heres looking at that upcoming 4K G75. Hopefully it will also come as a version with dedicated g-sync module!

Hear us Samsung - We NEED it :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Correct but then again FreeSync/G-Sync Comp is not as good, if Samsung put a hardware module in the Odyssey G7 it would not have been such an abortion
If you think FreeSync is just something added in software into monitor you need to move your head farther from Jensesn's rear.
VESA standard AdaptiveSync needs hardware level capability from controller IC(/s) of monitor/LCD panel.
Don't blame it from Samsung's fails in building their monitor, with possibly their own in house built controller.
Samsung has resources for that and likes having control of production of all major components.
(like in phones and SSDs)

Permabanned
How about you keep your potty mouth for arguing with peeps especially doyll in the cooling section, because I do not have the time for your BS.

I will give you a tip, you are not as smart as you would like to think. :)

Soldato
Soldato
IPS panels will never compete with a OLED in terms of HDR, not a lot will. The issue is that many manufacturers and gamers seem to orient towards IPS for some reason when they'll never give the same PQ performance that TV's equipped with OLED or QLED do..

Back
Top Bottom