2023 World Snooker Championship - 3rd April to 1st May

Ronnie's playing well enough to beat Vafaei but not well enough to win the championship at the moment. He starts to build a break but then makes a mistake, he's been lucky that Hossein hasn't stolen more frames.

Ronnie's playing well enough to beat Vafaei but not well enough to win the championship at the moment. He starts to build a break but then makes a mistake, he's been lucky that Hossein hasn't stolen more frames.
Can’t agree, he’s looking very strong. It’s amazing how much he intimidates players into mistakes, especially at the worlds.

No other player has looked any better than him so far.

Oh that last frame was masterful but you can’t deny he’s missed easy ones throughout this match that other opponents could quite easily have cleaned up from.

I want him to win the championship. I have a pound on him :)

With many of the big names out, I think it’s a good bet.

Missed this afternoon's whitewash, but can't help but feel Vafaei exposed some mental fragility in this match against Ronnie, ironically against a genius who has had his own demons in the past.

Hopefully Vafaei lets this go now, he has great talent and has been one of the most improved players in the last few seasons, there's no reason he cannot be a top 16 players if he sorts his head out.

I missed Robertson's first match, but to get two 146s, you can't be playing badly (albeit that only puts two frames on the board) but in bits I saw against Jones he never really settled. Was it the much slower shot time that threw Robertson off to some extent? Credit to Jones though, he played well last night night, again missed this afternoon's session.

Last edited:
Bit of immaturity from Vafaei but tbh I don't think people were bothered, just the pundits making a big deal out of it. He learnt from it anyway.

Well played Jak Jones to beat Robertson, surprised me but goes to show anything can happen on the day.

Don't usually watch the BBC coverage but Eurosport don't have it on this morning, and I'm watching the mid frame conflab with John Parrot and he has the most magnificent pimple right on the end of his nose, it's almost like a second nose. The urge for the woman opposite to reach across and pop it must be unbearable.

Back
Top Bottom