2024 OLED bonanza take your pick from dozens of new monitors

Man of Honour
The HP Omen Transcend will have these features supposedly, but there's no release date for it yet.

@Baddass, do you think Dell/AW will have a flat 32" model at a later date, or is the curved one all we will get this year?
Doubtful. There’ll be too many others with flat versions. They seem to be the only ones opting for curved in that size. Subtle curve though at least not like Samsung 1000R LCDs like the G7 :)

Associate
What happened to burn in, does that just magically not happen now, or ppl choosing not to talk about it, seems weird?
Seems like a lot of work has gone into mitigating it (pixel refresh on monitors automatically enabled etc.) and I think people are bit more aware of it now too so do things to help with (auto-hide the task bar, don't run at full brightness).

A friend of mine has the LG OLED 27" 240hz OLED monitor and has had it since it released. He must have nearly 600+ hours on the monitor and basically only plays Overwatch 2 and Apex Legends on it and he's got 0 burn in on his.

Associate
It's a shame we're not getting any smaller monitors. I like my 27" LG monitor (and likely will replace it with one of these OLED monitors) but I really prefer playing FPS games on a 24/25" monitor and it seems like outside of the crazy competitive suited panels (500hz BenQ TN) we don't seem to be getting any new ones.

Associate
Any plans for 4K 27" OLED's?
Nah, there was nothing on either Samsung's QD-OLED or LG's WOLED roadmaps for a 27" 4k OLED.

Samsung haven't released their roadmap for 2025 (only 2024 at the moment) - but LG's runs to Q2 2025 and they're only mentioning panels for a 480hz 27" 1440p OLED and a 42" 4k 240hz OLED.

Soldato
It's a shame we're not getting any smaller monitors. I like my 27" LG monitor (and likely will replace it with one of these OLED monitors) but I really prefer playing FPS games on a 24/25" monitor and it seems like outside of the crazy competitive suited panels (500hz BenQ TN) we don't seem to be getting any new ones.

I know there’s no market for it but I would love a 24/25 inch 1440p oled with 360hz.

Associate
I know there’s no market for it but I would love a 24/25 inch 1440p oled with 360hz.
Honestly, it would be my absolutely dream monitor.

I used Dell's 24 inch 1440p 144hz monitor (S2417DG?) for almost 5 years before it developed some vertical lines that got a bit too obvious to ignore. It had decent colours for a TN panel too and was just really nice to use (outside of some pretty irritating blocky blacks when it was dark).

Associate
What happened to burn in, does that just magically not happen now, or ppl choosing not to talk about it, seems weird?
Overblown to hell and back. Take a look at RTINGS, on old Tv's. Then with all tech to mitigate it + much better newer panels, it wont be much of a problem!
Even POS LCD trash, can get burn in. OLED is actually wear aka "burn out"

But hey buddy, pick that LCD poison if you are to scared. I know, I will never go back. Good riddance to Garbage :D

Soldato
Overblown to hell and back. Take a look at RTINGS, on old Tv's. Then with all tech to mitigate it + much better newer panels, it wont be much of a problem!
Even POS LCD trash, can get burn in. OLED is actually wear aka "burn out"

But hey buddy, pick that LCD poison if you are to scared. I know, I will never go back. Good riddance to Garbage :D

But in another thread you said you won't buy a monitor without G Synce Pulsar so stuck with LCD trash as you put it :p

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Associate
I had my heart set on a 55" lg evo g series with the idea of using it for some gaming, TV/films and PC work....

Increadible pace these Oled's are blossoming at.
Thanks for the heads up

Back
Top Bottom