2024 OLED bonanza take your pick from dozens of new monitors

Associate
@Baddass, or anyone else with experiance
Think ill be putting the dell on a wall monitor arm and will be wanting a longer display port cable.
Do you have any concernes on 4m or 5m cables working at this full spec 4k 240hz or should a good 1.4 rated cable do the job do you think?
thanks

Associate
Think ill be putting the dell on a wall monitor arm and will be wanting a longer display port cable.
Do you have any concernes on 4m or 5m cables working at this full spec 4k 240hz or should a good 1.4 rated cable do the job do you think?
thanks
been looking at more vidoes / whats available and works with least work to get fitted etc.
think a desk mount will be better in my case actually, but a reasonbable £60 with dual hinge etc. when im watching movies in bed i can swing it out more is the plan, as well as gaining the desk space from no stand.
decided on a 5m display port 2.1 80Gbps rated cable - should cover length needs and speed/quality. usb and power extenisons i have all ready

Associate
thanks
I've had the same problem. The biggest issue is that most of the long DP cables are THICK which makes them very had to plug in and route the cable. It puts a strain on them and they will eventually brake - 2 of them died on me(they were giving random black screens with 4090). Changed to shorter and my problems went away.
So if you decide on it - make sure to buy a cable that looks thin and flexible.

Last edited:
Soldato
So if you decide on it - make sure to buy a cable that looks thin and flexible.
I'm sorry but do NOT do this. The cables needs to be thick in order to transport the signal at the required bandwidth. Each wire inside the cable has to be of a thicker gauge in order to transfer the signal a longer distance with the same resistance as a shorter thinner cable. Just do your best to remove all strain and most importantly you can't have any sharp bends.

Associate
haha, velcro zip ties it is then if i need them on the monitor arm!
i know fibrre optic cables dont like bends, but copper cables id not expect to be too sensitive, its carying electricity not light :p
anyway, ill keep that in minid. think ill be getting the mount sorted for my existing 27" IPS setup and then once the 32" arrives it will be plug and play. gives time to play with cables and get it how i want it.
Dan

Associate
Asus are now showing 3 years warranty including burn in on there site, i am sure it was 2 years before.
Yeah, they announced 2 years and then MSI immediately announced 3 years - so Asus were somewhat forced to match it.

I'm not sure any of us here would recommend Asus' support though especially in contrast to Dell. I'm pretty sure I'm still waiting on my 'cashback' for my Asus Sabertooth Z87 from about 2013.

Associate
Yeah, they announced 2 years and then MSI immediately announced 3 years - so Asus were somewhat forced to match it.

I'm not sure any of us here would recommend Asus' support though especially in contrast to Dell. I'm pretty sure I'm still waiting on my 'cashback' for my Asus Sabertooth Z87 from about 2013.
They are also refusing warranty for gpu if you are using native 12vhpwr psu cable, truly horrible.

Back
Top Bottom