• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080Ti Pre-order shipping dates

Associate
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone is aware of when GPU's ordered on OcUK would (roughly) ship? I've got a 2080Ti on pre-order from nVidia atm which is scheduled to ship on 23/10/18.... I guess this question is really aimed at any staff who are watching, and of course approximations are fine, but maybe other prospective buyers would like to know the same.

dvs

Associate
I feel like I should start my own 2080/ti thread since everyone else has, I'm feeling left out. This surely could have gone into the pre-order thread?

This must be the 50th 11/20 series related thread to appear :D ;) :p

Soldato
If they aren't listed on the website they don't have them yet - as of about a week ago Gigabyte were saying they didn't have the design of even their basic card finalised, so I am guessing its going to be a little while befire all those aib cards start drifting in to stock.

OcUK Staff
Official shipment date is 20th onwards for both 2080 and 2080Ti.

We have 2080 from Zotac in stock and on standby, so those shall ship 20th.
2080Ti has been delayed so around 23rd is probably accurate.

Associate
OP
Just to clarify because Gibbo (thanks for responding so quickly) mentions 20th [sic: of September] for 2080 then 23rd for 2080Ti. My nVidia pre-order says 23rd OCTOBER... I'm wondering if I should cancel that one and pre-order from OcUK if indeed it would ship in September...

Caporegime
I feel like I should start my own 2080/ti thread since everyone else has, I'm feeling left out. This surely could have gone into the pre-order thread?

This must be the 50th 11/20 series related thread to appear :D ;) :p
I am also interested in when they will ship and handy to know that the 2080Ti will start shipping on the 23rd. You didn't need to read or post if it bothers you.

Associate
Mine's also due to ship 23 October from nVidia at checkout time (although this date is suspiciously left off the confirmation email).

Presumably I'm at the tail end of the order queue before they stopped taking pre-orders for the Ti. Did anyone manage to get an earlier date than that (UK/EU)?

Soldato
Mine's also due to ship 23 October from nVidia at checkout time (although this date is suspiciously left off the confirmation email).

Presumably I'm at the tail end of the order queue before they stopped taking pre-orders for the Ti. Did anyone manage to get an earlier date than that (UK/EU)?

I had 25/09 for mine - in the first few hours after the announcement it was listing 20/09, then the site said "out of stock", I checked back a few times and when they had it up saying 25/09 I ordered

Associate
Is this to say if we have placed an order on August 20th at 7pm we might not get the card on release, or is this for all new orders placed?
I think if you placed it as soon as the covers lifted, you'll get it "around" the date they initially advertised.

I originally pre-ordered an EVGA Ultra, had growing regrets at the cooler size and sheer ugliness of the card, cancelled the next day and then ordered direct from nVidia, by which time the shipping date at checkout must have slipped to October.

Soldato
I think if you placed it as soon as the covers lifted, you'll get it "around" the date they initially advertised.

I originally pre-ordered an EVGA Ultra, had growing regrets at the cooler size and sheer ugliness of the card, cancelled the next day and then ordered direct from nVidia, by which time the shipping date at checkout must have slipped to October.

I thought that at first from the images straight on to the fans but I've actually changed my mind since you never see the fans, just the backplate and side on. The EVGA grew on me, especially the ultra which looks like it has a beastly cooler with a 2.75 slot heatsink. Side on I think it looks fantastic (as seen in https://www.evga.com/articles/01249/evga-geforce-rtx-20-series/). Ordered that recently from somewhere who has 20th September still listed as ETA and cancelled my gigabyte windforce which I impulsively hit pre-order when they opened as it was the cheapest at the time.

Soldato
Official shipment date is 20th onwards for both 2080 and 2080Ti.

We have 2080 from Zotac in stock and on standby, so those shall ship 20th.
2080Ti has been delayed so around 23rd is probably accurate.
Is that September or October? Because the OP's Founders Edition is due on the 23rd of October as is mine.

Back
Top Bottom