• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£22.80 to post back a graphics card for RMA?

Caporegime
lol, I used Parcelfriend to pick up and deliver (next day) a case weighing 9kg for RMA. £8.99.

Shop around :)

Obviously, you'll have to pay a bit more if you want it insured for the value.

Exactly.

I always wrap it up ready, go and get a price from the post office and make a note of the weight using their scales, then just look at parcel monkey etc and save a fortune.

Soldato
passey89 said:
don't go to the post office.

I used parcel force from parcel monkey cost me £25 to EMA my EVGA GTX 670 FTW LE to Germany insured for £300.
Holy smoke! £25 to RMA a graphics card to Germany... :eek:

Think I'll stick with Gigabyte...

Associate
It was parcel force as I mentioned above. I asked for the cheapest way to send recorded delivery, with insurance up to £350. Bah, might have to go and steal some 'lollies' to redress the balance ;)

I am joking....

You probably have a shady PO owner. A lot of these POs are privatised now and the person behind the counter has a direct interest in gettning you to choose the most expensive option, so they will often just stick you with Parcelforce instead of giving you the cheaper option of RMSD.

A GPU should weigh less than 2kg to send through the post so you shouldn't have paid more than 10GBP, unless you used some really heavy packaging materials.

Caporegime
It sounds like they have charged you for special delivery to me, I don't think the standard recorded delivery is insured and would have expected it to be around £15 instead.

Soldato
OP
I've sold hundreds of things - many of them expensive I've never had a problem with Royal Mail

It's a risk though aint int, and you've been lucky. I may have paid doubleish onewhat I might have if I shopped around. But it's my local post office, and I can't be arsed truth be told.

Long and short of it though - I'd rather spend a bit extra (eg £10) on insurance for something worth £350, just in case. In the scheme of things I see it as worth it.

Soldato
I've sold hundreds of things - many of them expensive I've never had a problem with Royal Mail

Heh, I used to work for RM customer service and I have a slightly different perspective on that one ;)

Still, if you work in what's essentially the complaints department, expect complaints.
Forums aren't too much different.

Man of Honour
Never use the Post Office, use someone like Parcel2Go which are far cheaper and give loads of options of couriers to use.

Back
Top Bottom