2TB M.2 drives?

Soldato
I've looking for a new 2TB M.2 drive for data storage such as games and movies.
The laptop I have ordered only has two M.2 2280 slots and no further expansion for SATA SSD which makes my MX500 SSD quite redundant unfortunately.

Are there any budget friendly 2TB options that are half decent for the requirements?

Soldato
@michty_me if you've not already ordered (or able to cancel still) - I just come across the Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB for £227 on a retailer if you Google it ;)

I got one as my second/games M.2 drive a few months ago, fantastic drive and well reviewed (and I paid £260 :o!)

Soldato
OP
@michty_me if you've not already ordered (or able to cancel still) - I just come across the Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB for £227 on a retailer if you Google it ;)

I got one as my second/games M.2 drive a few months ago, fantastic drive and well reviewed (and I paid £260 :o!)

Thanks @Sparx.
I haven't ordered yet, But did find a Sabrent rocket 2TB for £207ish so was going to go with that but can't find it now.
The Adata XPG drives were another I looked at so will look for a deal on it also.

Caporegime
Thanks @Sparx.
I haven't ordered yet, But did find a Sabrent rocket 2TB for £207ish so was going to go with that but can't find it now.
The Adata XPG drives were another I looked at so will look for a deal on it also.

XPG is a better drive, TLC rather than QLC and significantly faster if you need to move large amounts to and fro.

Soldato
Is it worth it to pay the extra for the sabrent rocket pcie 4.0 drive as my board is a X570 as i need more storage for games etx

If you're just gaming then no - you won't see any improvement in performance at all.

If you was transferring data a lot or doing heavy read/write work, then yes it'd help. But it doesn't seem you do so I wouldn't bother.

Back
Top Bottom