• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2x 7800 GTX vs 1900 XT-X

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Yup, and can always be Crossfired with another if you get a Crossfire board, where they would whoop the 2x GTX's. :)
Heh, we got to the point where every second line "says" I've got it so it's the best. Or 'yes, but if you do that is gonna whip your **s' :D

Caporegime
Yes 2x GTX's beat the single x1900, but hes getting 2x GTX's, so why not get the 1x single x1900 as it handles everything thrown at maxed details/high resolutions anyway, and then he can add another one at a later date, as one will be fine for now, and a fair while, so he can get even better performance than 2x GTX's.

The single x1900 is cheaper than the 2x GTX's, so id go for that, and add another one at a later date as said, thus beating the 2xGTX's you were going to get.

2x x1900's Vs 2x GTX's = 2x x1900 The Winnar!!. :D

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Yes 2x GTX's beat the single x1900, but hes getting 2x GTX's, so why not get the 1x single x1900 as it handles everything thrown at maxed details/high resolutions anyway, and then he can add another one at a later date, as one will be fine for now, and a fair while, so he can get even better performance than 2x GTX's.

The single x1900 is cheaper than the 2x GTX's, so id go for that, and add another one at a later date as said, thus beating the 2xGTX's you were going to get.

Agree. But don't forget SLI vs Crossfire= SLI the winner

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:

Bacause he is buying a prebuilt system which has no ATi Option, he wants to know if he should do an aftermarket swap out which would be pointless, especially as he can never go crossfire as is obviously getting an nForce SLi board.

If he was building a nice new system himself I'd agree with you spending the extra for the SLi would be madness but he's not.

Caporegime
a1ex2001 said:
Bacause he is buying a prebuilt system which has no ATi Option, he wants to know if he should do an aftermarket swap out which would be pointless, especially as he can never go crossfire as is obviously getting an nForce SLi board.

If he was building a nice new system himself I'd agree with you spending the extra for the SLi would be madness but he's not.

Ahh yes, if thats the case then go SLI with the 2x GTX's. :)

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:

How many times!!! This is obvious as the 256mb gtx is in noway meant too be up against the x1900. I see you have stated this in nearly every thread :rolleyes: (btw i own ati cards aswell, no fanboyism)

Be happy with what you have, the SLI will be more than enough. Has he even stated what resolution he will be playing at yet!

Associate
I've noticed in a lot of tests the x1900xtx seems to perform phenomenally well when you ramp up the anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering in modern games. for example even with softshadows enabled in F.E.A.R (typically very hard for ati cards to pull off) it still manages to out perform 2x 512mb gtx's in sli! check toms hardware for an interesting review.
I have an ultra-d sli unlocked board and was going to go with 2 gtx's, but I couldnt play without lots of aa and af so I'm coming to the conclusion a single 1900xtx would be a better deal :rolleyes:

image0173kb.png

Edit:image should work now

Last edited:
Caporegime
bAz^uk said:
How many times!!! This is obvious as the 256mb gtx is in noway meant too be up against the x1900. I see you have stated this in nearly every thread :rolleyes: (btw i own ati cards aswell, no fanboyism)

Be happy with what you have, the SLI will be more than enough. Has he even stated what resolution he will be playing at yet!

Yes, but i didn't read it properly as hes getting a pre-built system with an SLi board, so the 2x GTX's would be the best choice. :)

Soldato
no offense but SLI or crossfire offer no more than 14FPS than one card i see there.. i bet overclocking a single card with watercooling or something would come so close to 2 cards, i dont think such a low FPS % extra justifies an extra what.. 300-400 quid on another card. now if it were 80% speed boost over a single card sure, but your still not getting 100%

Associate
Perfect_Chaos said:
no offense but SLI or crossfire offer no more than 14FPS than one card i see there.. i bet overclocking a single card with watercooling or something would come so close to 2 cards, i dont think such a low FPS % extra justifies an extra what.. 300-400 quid on another card. now if it were 80% speed boost over a single card sure, but your still not getting 100%

my sentiments exactly

Soldato
Hesky82 said:
my sentiments exactly

and probably another reason why i wouldnt get 2 cards, when they get past the point of being so limited operating together i might consider it.

ive seen the same thing so far with SLI, as in the last generation 2 x cards are behind the next generation single card.

as it is now, we would be better off waiting and see if a high end dual cored GPU is released ;) .

Associate
yeah its a little offset, not much though. pretty much as soon as a card is realised you have your ***SLI ready*** or ***Crossfire Edition***. they dont hang around tbf!

na the thing that gets me is the countless driver issues seen with dual card setups, for example HL2 still runs better with a single GTX 512 than it does with the same 2 cards in SLI. try and play the HD version of HL2 LC and you find a single ati beats a cf setup, and not to mention the on going problem where performance it cut literally in half when you try and run a hint of anti aliasing with an sli setup.
to be fair you wont notice this because your fps with any of these said cards/setups will be insane, so again is there much point paying over the odds.

Soldato
I be doing much testing myself of the two 7800gtx 256mb in SLI and one of the ATI xt1900xt-x..

I already have the two 7800gtx 256mb in sli in my system...
And i ordered one the xt1900xt-x from overclockers today..
(The ATI xt1900xt-x should be here tomorrow or monday)..

Back
Top Bottom