3 dead and 5 wounded in suspected Terror attack in Germany - not even headline news anymore.

Soldato
OP
Now, why wasn't this plastered on the front page of every single newspaper/website? Who knows?

My concern is that we may have reached, as per Northern Ireland, an "acceptable level of violence" where a constant low level attacks effecting a fairly small amount of people are becoming "accepted" leaving it to the big spectaculars such as the Manchester (ISIS) or Omagh (RIRA) bombing to really focus our attention again, forcing those who wish us harm to plan even bigger events to grab the worldwide attention they crave.

As past history shows when something similar could be seen in the decade+ long build up to 9/11 which started with smaller attacks and eventually increased in size/scope once the smaller stuff became unshocking.

Man of Honour
My concern is that we may have reached, as per Northern Ireland, an "acceptable level of violence" where a constant low level attacks effecting a fairly small amount of people are becoming "accepted" leaving it to the big spectaculars such as the Manchester (ISIS) or Omagh (RIRA) bombing to really focus our attention again, forcing those who wish us harm to plan even bigger events to grab the worldwide attention they crave.

As past history shows when something similar could be seen in the decade+ long build up to 9/11 which started with smaller attacks and eventually increased in size/scope once the smaller stuff became unshocking.

Has this actually been referred to as a terrorist attack?

Skimming through some stories about it, only the german outlets seem to have linked it to terrorism (BILD, Spiegel) , with unconfirmed reports that some ISIS material was found. Just like the Vienna attack this looks a lot like a failure in public services to prevent a violent MH patient becoming a threat to the public. How is a dude with a violent history, who needs compulsory psychiatric help able to come across a knife and be out in public.

As for the reporting leading to more/larger attacks, wouldn't the fact that small attacks get front page coverage also lead to more attacks from others who crave that attention? All they'd have to do is pick up a knife and yell some arabic phrase and they're front page around the world.

(Edit: should add that i'm not trying to deny what it is/looks like, just these stories tend to get boosted a little when it's confirmed as a terrorist incident)

Last edited:
Caporegime
A Somali immigrant with extremist Islamic beliefs.

I cannot describe how shocked I am :rolleyes:

Also, why do you have to have fags behind screens and away from where customers can pick them up, but deadly weapons like large knives are left out where any off key nutcase can grab them?

Soldato
It might have something to do with it seemingly being just one witness reporting he shouted 'Allah Akbar', without any sort of real verification and without that aspect being involved, it's not much more of a story than "mentally ill person stabs some other people" which no one really gives a **** about truth be told. It'd take a 'brave' outlet to run with it as being some major terror event if it turns out that one witness was talking rubbish. Even the Daily Mail are distancing themselves from that aspect by throwing 'according to local reports' in.
When has the news ever cared about the accuracy of their stories? :confused:

I think you think to highly of journalists. All they care about is being first out the door any collateral damage is part of doing business

jcr

jcr

Associate
Has this actually been referred to as a terrorist attack?

Skimming through some stories about it, only the german outlets seem to have linked it to terrorism (BILD, Spiegel) , with unconfirmed reports that some ISIS material was found. Just like the Vienna attack this looks a lot like a failure in public services to prevent a violent MH patient becoming a threat to the public. How is a dude with a violent history, who needs compulsory psychiatric help able to come across a knife and be out in public.
but arent all slaughters involving the cult of islam "mental health" and "let down by the system"?

Soldato
Yes but you’re not instantly going to cause the violent death of innocent people by grabbing a packet of fags are you?

You're not but you potentially gonna cost health services way more money so I guess that's why governments stepped in. Incidents like this are thankfully seldom. Also I'm not sure how much effect hiding knives behind a screen would actually have. All you have to do is pretend that you want to buy one and ask to see it.

Man of Honour
but arent all slaughters involving the cult of islam "mental health" and "let down by the system"?

Well there's the argument that if you set out to go and kill people then you're probably a bit sick in the head. In this particular instance the guy was somehow let into the country despite committing violent crimes in Somalia, had a violent history in Germany including attacking a worker at a refuge for homeless migrants, and was recently under compulsory psychiatric care.

It's similar to the attacks closer to home where we keep hearing that the attacker was known to the police or released early. If some public worker (I don't know who ultimately makes the decision) is deeming that these people are fit to roam society and then the people go on to commit terror offences and kill, I don't know what else you call that other than a failure of the system. In fact this instance looks like a failure of multiple systems, shouldn't be in the country in the first place, and shouldn't have been free to interact with society.

That or something something islam.!!!.1!

Soldato
Abit off topic I know, but, seen as the forum is PC related, my gaming head switched on, the first thing that came into my mind when I saw Wurzburg was this....

I think the map was based on a true story where the British did a surprise attack with paratroopers/commandos, infiltrating Wurzburg and seizing radar parts during WW2.

Last edited:
Caporegime
A Somali immigrant with extremist Islamic beliefs.

I cannot describe how shocked I am :rolleyes:

Also, why do you have to have fags behind screens and away from where customers can pick them up, but deadly weapons like large knives are left out where any off key nutcase can grab them?

You'd think they'd would be grateful for safe harbour right?

Soldato
Looks like all those attacked were women.
We gonna see mass protests by women against their treatment in Islam? Something tells me not...

It amazes me how the left chose to ignore the treatment dished out to them all in the name of Islam.

Really baffling

Back
Top Bottom