3 Half-Life 2: Episode Two Gameplay Movies available on Steam

Man of Honour
As title, couldn't see any threads about it, seems they appeared yesterday sometime, not watched them yet, downloading them from the media section on Steam store.

Soldato
1280x720 videos of the footage from leipzig
icon14.gif

the ones on steam are that res anyway

Man of Honour
OP
Just watched them all, looks pretty good, though hopefully not too much of the antlion stuff in the game, as it looks as though it'll bore the hell out of me.

After watching the TF2 video, it looks fantastic, and also quite fitting to the style of TFC at least, rocketjumping soldiers :p

Soldato
Just downloaded the first four, the fifth is still going.

I love it on the third one where he is in the car and is driving alongside those trains and you can just see the running zombie running along the top of the train parallel to you. It looks really well laid out, i'm looking forward to it :) It also seems a lot more open than Episode 1 or HL2 probably due to the outdoor environment.

Soldato
sunlitsix said:
blows it up with each bit of wood smashing into little pieces until there is just land left

[/disclaimer : this may not happen in the video, just want to make you more anxious :p ]
I'm up to 86% @ 60kb/s so it shouldn't be long now :cool:

Soldato
Just watched it. WOW is all i can say. I like how there's lots of things going on at once. eg in HL2 there would only be one of those striders. In this there's loads of them and there's the combine and there's those running machine things and there's the zombies/zombine. Can't wait!

Soldato
now this is the first time steam has ever ****** me off. not only are download speeds a joke when trying download these clips. 20kb/s on adsl max.... :rolleyes: but also my pc is rendered unusable during this time. everything stutters even just using firefox. surely this shouldn't happen...... :mad:

/rant

Man of Honour
OP
The vids are available elsewhere at quicker speeds, have a look at some of the links towards the top of the page and have a browse of those sites. Steam does seem shockingly bad for downloading media, it's a horrid memory hog.

Soldato
DaveyD said:
Steam does seem shockingly bad for downloading media, it's a horrid memory hog.

i didn't think to check task manager, but i just have. it's not a memory hog but it's eating my cpu cycles. maybe i need an upgrade to a dual core cpu just so i can download video clips on steam? :p

taskpm3.png

anyhoo, i've set the priority to below normal so i can at least use my pc in the meantime. :D

Man of Honour
OP
marc2003 said:
i didn't think to check task manager, but i just have. it's not a memory hog but it's eating my cpu cycles. maybe i need an upgrade to a dual core cpu just so i can download video clips on steam? :p

anyhoo, i've set the priority to below normal so i can at least use my pc in the meantime. :D
Memory hog, CPU hog, same difference :p

It's never that bad for me personally, only when I'm trying to play the videos or just starting to download them.

Back
Top Bottom