3 - SIM only - All you can eat data - Anyone use this?

Consigliere
I am pondering the idea of switching from a 24 month contract style thing to a plan that is cheaper, SIM only and provides me with more data.

I've come across a few on here that have caught my eye and have a few questions...

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

- How is the 3 network nowadays for reliability? I have always been on EE.

- If i have 9 months to run on my contract with EE, do i just buy myself out? Obviously cheaper just to wait though!

Anymore thoughts welcome...my main issue right now is paying £50ish a month for 20gb of data so i am constantly on my toes with it.

Soldato
ah, Extra Expensive.

I got my note 4 on Three. 600 mins, unlimited internet, £37/month. Phone was free. Ive just replaced that contract, now have an S8, unlimited minutes, 30gb/month, £38/month. Phone was again free. £50 a month for 20gb is just bonkers.

EE offers some crazy speeds but you have to pay for it. Three works ok OK for me.

Consigliere
OP
ah, Extra Expensive.

I got my note 4 on Three. 600 mins, unlimited internet, £37/month. Phone was free. Ive just replaced that contract, now have an S8, unlimited minutes, 30gb/month, £38/month. Phone was again free. £50 a month for 20gb is just bonkers.

EE offers some crazy speeds but you have to pay for it. Three works ok OK for me.

Mm that is what i am realising...not very up to date with "who to go for" so pondering a switch soon.

So when my contract at EE ends, i just keep my phone and then put the 3 SIM in it? Simple as? :o

Associate
I have a pay as you go sim card from three.

I whole heartily recommend you go pay as you go sim card route.

Here see this > http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Pay_As_You_Go you have to spend £25 quid for that,

You can set it all up with the three mobile phone app and get it all working for your phone easily as i had done so yeah, you need to put in your card details in though for payment to top up and then buy the add on for £25 unlimited data 500min and 3000 texts.

There is no difference between contract and pay go regarding data speeds and yea i have a contract with three as well as pay go why well i got another phone so i needed a sim card and went pay go, and yea they're trio sim cards break down from standard size then micro sim then nano sim.

The reason why i am suggesting pay as you go is all to do with quality of service and your not tied into a contract, so if the service is crap you can just leave also there is a lot of hate on threes facebook page but for me it has been rosy and i am satisfied with the service.

For me in bournemouth the speed difference between ee and three is neck and neck too be honest, i know because i have ee and three sim cards in different phones and done numerous speed tests but then it comes down to signal strength.

You can also look at my thread hah https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-how-much-data-do-you-use-thread.18784384/ .

Edit i also got a contract with ee 35 quid a mo for 16gb of data here so your not alone and it is just a sim plan i.e. i don't have a phone sim deal, just the sim card only as i buy an unlocked phone else where.

So yea you have to get a pay as you go sim card for free then once it has been activated you have to reboot the phone or switch it on and off and your off make sure you have pre downloaded the three app as i am not sure if you can download the three app via their network or wifi but i used wifi just in case if it didn't work but make sure your connected to their network and not wifi when you spend money to buy credit and then buy the £25 add on.

Last edited:
Associate
I am pondering the idea of switching from a 24 month contract style thing to a plan that is cheaper, SIM only and provides me with more data.

I've come across a few on here that have caught my eye and have a few questions...

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

- How is the 3 network nowadays for reliability? I have always been on EE.

- If i have 9 months to run on my contract with EE, do i just buy myself out? Obviously cheaper just to wait though!

Anymore thoughts welcome...my main issue right now is paying £50ish a month for 20gb of data so i am constantly on my toes with it.

£50 for 20gb yikes
I pay iPhone 6s £9 unlimited text, minutes and data 4gb internet (Sim only package)
iPhone 7 £9 unlimited text, minutes and data 4gb internet (Sim only package)
Samsung galaxy s8 £22 unlimited data all u can eat, 200minutes and unlimited text (Sim only package)
cost me £40 for three sim deals not bad plus £120 topcashback

Associate
Htc desire 530 bought from ee as a pay go phone i had a 2gb package not knowing how much data i needed so i got a nother package off ee which is unlimited calls and text and 16gb of data sim only for £35
Moto g4 plus bought off amazon uk, that is on three 12 month contract and is unlimited data texts and 200 minutes for £23 a month (sim only).
Lenovo p2 bought from csmobiles for around 240 quid, on pay as you go with three costing £25 for 30 days then it runs out, thats 500 mins 3000 texts and unlimited data(paygo sim only).

I always leave a surplus of £120 in my bank account to pay these bills.

Wasn't plain sailing when i first started looking into mobile phone contracts etc, but my post about going pay go(three) on this thread is how i should have first started out too be honest with you folks and is plain sailing in my sight.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a pay as you go sim card from three.

I whole heartily recommend you go pay as you go sim card route.

Here see this > http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Pay_As_You_Go you have to spend £25 quid for that,

You can set it all up with the three mobile phone app and get it all working for your phone easily as i had done so yeah, you need to put in your card details in though for payment to top up and then buy the add on for £25 unlimited data 500min and 3000 texts.

There is no difference between contract and pay go regarding data speeds and yea i have a contract with three as well as pay go why well i got another phone so i needed a sim card and went pay go, and yea they're trio sim cards break down from standard size then micro sim then nano sim.

The reason why i am suggesting pay as you go is all to do with quality of service and your not tied into a contract, so if the service is crap you can just leave also there is a lot of hate on threes facebook page but for me it has been rosy and i am satisfied with the service.

For me in bournemouth the speed difference between ee and three is neck and neck too be honest, i know because i have ee and three sim cards in different phones and done numerous speed tests but then it comes down to signal strength.

You can also look at my thread hah https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-how-much-data-do-you-use-thread.18784384/ .

Edit i also got a contract with ee 35 quid a mo for 16gb of data here so your not alone and it is just a sim plan i.e. i don't have a phone sim deal, just the sim card only as i buy an unlocked phone else where.

So yea you have to get a pay as you go sim card for free then once it has been activated you have to reboot the phone or switch it on and off and your off make sure you have pre downloaded the three app as i am not sure if you can download the three app via their network or wifi but i used wifi just in case if it didn't work but make sure your connected to their network and not wifi when you spend money to buy credit and then buy the £25 add on.
FYI that AYCE PAYG Package is increasing in price at the end of this month to over £30 iirc and data will be dropped to 30GB.
Just a heads up.

You can get 30gb 600 1 month rolling for £20 atm
https://store.three.co.uk/view/content/mbasket?ID=1671

Associate
FYI that AYCE PAYG Package is increasing in price at the end of this month to over £30 iirc and data will be dropped to 30GB.
Just a heads up.

You can get 30gb 600 1 month rolling for £20 atm
https://store.three.co.uk/view/content/mbasket?ID=1671

Thanks for the heads up..

But for some reason i get this when i click that link..

Well if that is the case i will cease to buy another add on then only time will tell.

Where did you hear that three was going to drop AYCE (all you can eat) data for 30gbs eh?

I want to see.

20121527_10155600820082375_779924607207777218_o.jpg

Associate
[QUOTE
="Coconut888, post: 30986223, member: 194574"]By August payandgo

price will rise to £35

cheaper here for existing customer links
http://www.three.co.uk/existing-customer-offers/sim-plans-for-phones?campaign=exc
Only downside all 12 months contracts.[/QUOTE]

Cheers coconut, yeah £35 eh only time will tell with my self.

I'll have a look around to see if paygo is going to be like this.

20229800_10155600869547375_2726543693949684070_o.jpg

The only thing i can find is this and that.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/3245...-month-as-it-imposes-mid-contract-price-rise/

http://www.three.co.uk/termspdf/PAYG_Price_Guide_060717.pdf

I will be haunting this thread if prices/data allowances don't change.

I cannot find anything on google to support this claim..

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the heads up..

But for some reason i get this when i click that link..

Well if that is the case i will cease to buy another add on then only time will tell.

Where did you hear that three was going to drop AYCE (all you can eat) data for 30gbs eh?

I want to see.

20121527_10155600820082375_779924607207777218_o.jpg
[QUOTE
="Coconut888, post: 30986223, member: 194574"]By August payandgo

price will rise to £35

http://www.three.co.uk/existing-customer-offers/sim-plans-for-phones?campaign=exc
Only downside all 12 months contracts.

Ahh sorry thought that link was still working remember seeing it on HUKD.

I heard it from someone at Three

Associate
Apart from something messing around with my posts i got a response.

I treat this fairly not mucking around with my posts.

20157699_10155600932837375_7914692670897644382_o.jpg

Three UK Hi Daniel, our prices are changing for Pay As You Go from August. We're changing the number of plans we offer from 3 to 5. All You Can Eat data will cost £35 under the new All in One 35 Add-on while 30GB will be under our All in One 25. >Kimberley

I don't know why i cannot see an edit with date and time gone somewhere even though i did edit.

Whatever that was haunted me and my posts.

Harsh.

O well i thought there will be no more all you can eat data plan at any price but will be moved too £35 for all you can eat data then.

Contract is the way to go then if you want it too be cheaper.

Now i know, i couldn't find anything on google i had a through search but found nothing they should announce this, i figure whatever haunted me had a passion knowing that it was right and me wrong although i had no clue and didn't know(change of threes plans) so i got haunted. and wanted to make a mockery of the way i make my self ultra clear with the way i talk on this thread or wherever to stop the confusion.

Yes i do edit a lot..

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been with Three for a few years now on an unlimited data pay monthly SIM only plan which is too good a deal to get off of (£15 a month, AYCE data, AYCE texts, 300 minutes) and I've had no trouble with them really. My girlfriend lives out in the sticks and while I'm driving out there I stream Deezer, doesn't give me much trouble but sometimes I can't load a new song while I'm on the way instantly, but a minute later it'll start. With the buffer it never stops if I just let it play.

Even where I live now, which is terrible because I'm 30 feet from a train line, it does pretty well. All the networks struggle here.

Whenever I have trouble getting signal, other people on various networks with me are also having trouble.

Not going to leave this tariff until they delete it. Big fan of the network.

Soldato
I've been on 3 for the past few years and my girlfriend is on EE.

She generally has better signal than I do, especially indoors or inside large buildings. This is quite frustrating, but I'm also paying a lot less than she is for a lot more data.

When we moved into our new place I had barely any signal at all, and I had to threaten to leave to get 3 to send me a signal box that plugs into our broadband. But I've got it and it works fine. Just a shame I had to go to that step, but there we go. Overall I'm happy being on 3.

Associate
By August payandgo price will rise to £35

Only downside all 12 months contracts.

£26 a month is a good deal for all you can eat data text and minutes.

If anyone wants this deal for £26 a month give me a shout so you can use my mobile number because it requires a mobile number as proof that your an existing customer, so i will give out my mobile number for that.

I hope there isn't any implications as to use my mobile number as in getting personal details :/.

Back
Top Bottom