3 - SIM only - All you can eat data - Anyone use this?

Associate
£26 a month is a good deal for all you can eat data text and minutes.

If anyone wants this deal for £26 a month give me a shout so you can use my mobile number because it requires a mobile number as proof that your an existing customer, so i will give out my mobile number for that.

I hope there isn't any implications as to use my mobile number as in getting personal details :/.

I starting to think three reading this forum yesterday price was much cheaper they removed a couple plans too no more 200 minutes plan with unlimited text and unlimited internet for £22. (still available at affordable mobiles for £24 if anyone interested.

Consigliere
OP
Will have to speak with EE i think - see what they can offer if i try to get an upgrade before the end of my deal...think it is 6 months before the end or something.

Doesn't loyalty mean anything anymore? :o

Must have been with them for at least 10 years!

Man of Honour
I looked at EE last year before I renewed with Three. EE admitted they can't match any of Three's packages. I have an 4GEE sim for work which sits in my car's stereo for data and hotspot usage, but my personal Three sim has unlimited everything bar tethering which is capped at 30GB a month.

£22 a month, and unlimited data abroad beyond just Europe? No other network can match that kind of deal, and a 12 months contract no less.

Speed wise EE are faster in strong 4G areas, but typically I get 65-75Mbits down and 30Mbits up on Three, so it's much of a muchness, and perfectly capable of streaming HD/UHD Prime/Netflix etc.

Associate
I looked at EE last year before I renewed with Three. EE admitted they can't match any of Three's packages. I have an 4GEE sim for work which sits in my car's stereo for data and hotspot usage, but my personal Three sim has unlimited everything bar tethering which is capped at 30GB a month.

£22 a month, and unlimited data abroad beyond just Europe? No other network can match that kind of deal, and a 12 months contract no less.

Speed wise EE are faster in strong 4G areas, but typically I get 65-75Mbits down and 30Mbits up on Three, so it's much of a muchness, and perfectly capable of streaming HD/UHD Prime/Netflix etc.

I agree that they cannot match the deal three do.

As for speed it is neck and neck regarding three and ee and i have both.

That is why i made a 'look at me' thread but coconut has the crown for using up over 200gb of data and because of threes unlimited data package :p.

The most i have used is roughly 80 gb.

Last edited:
Associate
£26 a month is a good deal for all you can eat data text and minutes.

If anyone wants this deal for £26 a month give me a shout so you can use my mobile number because it requires a mobile number as proof that your an existing customer, so i will give out my mobile number for that.

I hope there isn't any implications as to use my mobile number as in getting personal details :/.
i think you will be billed too for those contracts though. that is what it says: "This is not an upgrade, but an additional plan or device, separate to your existing contract."

Associate
Yes thanks for the heads up regarding three pay as you go i just had a text from three confirming it.

3000 mins 3000 texts and all you can eat data for £35 @ 30 days.

20414089_10155628339317375_7325403550106760287_o.jpg

20369737_10155628340387375_7487079489446715997_o.jpg

I owe the person an apology due to my behavior regarding haunting this thread.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes thanks for the heads up regarding three pay as you go i just had a text from three confirming it.

3000 mins 3000 texts and all you can eat data for £35 @ 30 days.

20414089_10155628339317375_7325403550106760287_o.jpg

20369737_10155628340387375_7487079489446715997_o.jpg

I owe the person an apology due to my behavior regarding haunting this thread.
No problem buddy get it here for £24 12 months plus £25 pounds cashback quickly (or topup your three account and queue up your £25 addons for a couple of months.) https://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/sim-only/three-multi-sim/three-advanced-ayce-data-200-
min-sim-only-12mths-12/automatic-cashback

Associate
No problem buddy get it here for £24 12 months plus £25 pounds cashback quickly (or topup your three account and queue up your £25 addons for a couple of months.) https://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/sim-only/three-multi-sim/three-advanced-ayce-data-200-
min-sim-only-12mths-12/automatic-cashback

Thanks for the link, but i am waiting for my contract to run out, around about october time that is.

Edit.

As for top up queuing i spent about £50 on the £25 top up, i have 1000 minutes 6000 texts and all you can eat data.

Don't ask me why i have contract and pay go it is because in the past three did not do multi sims you know sim cards that break down from standard to micro sim and then nano sim.

Associate
I'm also an S7 user and have both an EE and Three contract. EE for my phone and I use a 3 SIM in a MiFi for home internet/broadband. The unlimited data on Three is unmatched here in the UK, I use 100GB+ most months with no issue, measly 2GB on EE which is constantly overrun. Would drop my EE contract as I don't find the benefits worth it over Three where am I located but I wont pay myself out of contract, and it would be a lot less than yours (half). I Got a BTS pretty close to home at street level so get 60Mb/s down / 30Mb/s up on the three SIM.

You'll never get the higher speeds on Three as you can on EE. They don't support any carrier aggregation so you'll be using a single carrier always, usually LTE1800 and rarely LTE800. On EE default is LTE1800 with lots of sites having LTE2600 too and rarely LTE800. London has the fastest configs with Wembley at the top being 3 carriers (2xL2600 &1xL1800), so fast with the right device. The demand and sites for the higher speeds is in the higher density areas so it does average out a fair bit, unless your sat in Wembley on your todd. It's also ridiculous being able to use your month's data allowance in a few mins...:confused: You could use all your 20GB allowance in under 7 minutes sat there :D

For 3G (probably no one interested these days), it's pretty much equal as most cell sites share the equipment so you'll find very little between them.

Three is more than reliable these days despite the old sigma the network has. In fact I see more faults on EE than Three personally. Coverage wise EE is better, will depend on your area as to whether it's something that'll affect you. In fact a lot of the differences will come down to your location. If you're E1 postcode you'll find EE much faster in that area.

Sorry, bit of a ramble, hopefully something useful to someone in there :rolleyes: Work in the industry so give us a shout if any questions.

Associate
How are you able to do 100gb on a mifi, what sim card type you using - is it a data sim or paygo sim or a bog standard smartphone sim?

Sound like you got unlimited home broadband there, i am interested because i think whatever you have done has tricked 3 to give you unlimited mifi data is that correct?

Ah you must do 100gb on the smartphone then, sorry about my confusion.

I don't know still confused.

I understand that threes unlimited data is unmatched which is nice, the most i use is about 80gbs.

Speed for me is neck and neck between three and ee here in bournemouth and i know full well how quick you can use the data up as well.

Last edited:
Associate
Would jump at this but, Three struggles for speed in busy areas!

To use 800MHz, you need a phone with 3 FW, or a phone that naturally supports it. Unfortunately, the Pixel isn't one of these!

Associate
Associate
ah, Extra Expensive.
EE offers some crazy speeds but you have to pay for it. Three works ok OK for me.

That's just it though, it doesn't. It might win in benchmarks but in real world I have found close to zero difference between EE and Three.

O2 and Vodafone on the other hand, which on paper are the slowest networks, have always given me full signal and very fast speeds. My work phone is Vodafone. My PAYG sim is with O2 and my contract is with EE. Before EE I had Three.

I'm with EE now and my deal is 17.50/month for 20GB, unlimited calls, unlimited texts which I can't really complain about but I do sometimes wonder if I'd just be better off getting O2/Vodafone (if i can stomach their CS) and having a strong signal wherever I go. EE signal is very hit and miss in my experience which is completely counter to everything you read. Infact, I have an EE signal booster box sitting in my house as I write this and I'm in North West London so not exactly in the sticks.

Associate
That's just it though, it doesn't. It might win in benchmarks but in real world I have found close to zero difference between EE and Three.

O2 and Vodafone on the other hand, which on paper are the slowest networks, have always given me full signal and very fast speeds. My work phone is Vodafone. My PAYG sim is with O2 and my contract is with EE. Before EE I had Three.

I'm with EE now and my deal is 17.50/month for 20GB, unlimited calls, unlimited texts which I can't really complain about but I do sometimes wonder if I'd just be better off getting O2/Vodafone (if i can stomach their CS) and having a strong signal wherever I go. EE signal is very hit and miss in my experience which is completely counter to everything you read. Infact, I have an EE signal booster box sitting in my house as I write this and I'm in North West London so not exactly in the sticks.

I have contract with three and ee, i come to the same conclusion about the speeds being almost the same.

Associate
Why would you use a signal booster if you're on EE? They support WiFi Calling.

WiFi Calling is available on all versions of the iPhone 5c and later models of the iPhone, as well as:

Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S7, S7 edge, S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, A3 (2017), A5 (2017), J5 (2017), Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Lumia 550, 650, 950, 950XL, HTC 10, HTC U11, BlackBerry Priv, BlackBerry Dtek 50, BlackBerry Dtek 60, BlackBerry KEYone, Google Pixel, Google Pixel XL, Huawei P10, P10 Lite and P10 Plus.

It's only available on the EE version of all other compatible Android and Windows devices which can only be bought directly from us in one of our stores, online or through our telesales team. At present, other Android and Windows devices bought from other retailers will not be able to support WiFi Calling.

It doesn't work on my sim free Huawei P9 so I have to use a Signal Booster which is pretty shocking cause even outside my house in the area I'm lucky to get 1-2 signal bars. Mostly no signal in the house.

By contrast, pop an O2 sim in and I have full signal even inside the house. Same with Vodafone. And almost no noticeable difference in 4G speeds...

Three also had close to zero signal bars in my area.

Back
Top Bottom