• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
I still have to laugh at the demand situation that was created this year.
Everybody tries to get a 3070/3080/6800/xt but can't due to demand supply etc.
A cheaper card gets released and everybody that couldn't get the above tries to get a 3060ti to "tide them over" until they get their preferred card.
Throw in scalpers etc I estimate the actual demand for these cards is slot less due to complete duplication of demand across the different tiers/brands!.

Calm down people and stop buying everything in sight!

Where is the fun in waiting?

Associate
No gaming GPU age well, they lose value (and relative speed) very quickly. If rumours are to be listened to, AMD will present another gen next year (end of it) and all current GPUs (both 3k series from NVidia and 6k series from AMD) will drop in value quite a bit. But it hardly matters, this is how PC market works - you buy for here and now and maaaaaybe few months ahead, at most. Otherwise you just lie to yourself, IMHO.

Regarding the aging: My point is that It depends how long you can play games on your desired setting ... That has nothing to do with new cards coming out. If you managed to grab a 3080 or 6800xt you have at least a couple of years gaming ahead at 144hz at 1440p ...

Associate
If we need to RMA the Palit within 2 years, can we return it to OcUK, or does this have to go to Palit directly?

Would have thought you return to OCUK within the first 30 days of purchase, then the remaining 23 months of warranty is dealt directly via Palit

Associate
It's sort of RTX 2080S level of performance for around £400. I mean is that great value really ? You can buy a used 2080S for less than that so what are we gaining ? I guess RT is a bit better.

The card is good but it's not amazing by any means. I think most of us are just desperate to buy a new gen card, and some people are willing to pay anything it seems.

Tbf, They will be good for mining. don't hate me.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Our plan was to make Palit 3060Ti available today, but as we have 800+ on that product page I am afraid we shall have to delay this decision until a later date, we simply cannot risk over selling product at the moment due to how busy the company is.

As such we shall look at website traffic tomorrow and reconsider then.

Associate
I do wonder if part of the rush is the concern for what brexit is going to do to prices once next year kicks into gear.

It definitely is for me! I can already see delays, prices raising etc. in my life, so add the 1st of Jan chaos (which is expected deal or no deal) and that even OcUK employees said on this forum they expect 2021 to be a total mess in regards of stock and pricing of the products they sell... and it doesn't look good, at all. Grab what you can now, before it gets much worse - is my feeling now. Otherwise, my buddies in EU are quite happy to wait for prices to drop and better stock. I don't feel like I have such option for the foreseeable future.

Associate
Might be a good idea to suspend creating new forum accounts and allow access only to registered users. Might get rid of a few scalpers.

Soldato
It's sort of RTX 2080S level of performance for around £400. I mean is that great value really ? You can buy a used 2080S for less than that so what are we gaining ? I guess RT is a bit better.

The card is good but it's not amazing by any means. I think most of us are just desperate to buy a new gen card, and some people are willing to pay anything it seems.

Well a bog standard 2080 went for £400 on the mm earlier, so I think £369 for a brand new faster card is pretty good!

Associate
Hi there

Our plan was to make Palit 3060Ti available today, but as we have 800+ on that product page I am afraid we shall have to delay this decision until a later date, we simply cannot risk over selling product at the moment due to how busy the company is.

tenor.gif

Associate
Might be a good idea to suspend creating new forum accounts and allow access only to registered users. Might get rid of a few scalpers.

I was about to suggest exactly that, certainly gives people like myself who have purchasing from OCUK since 2012 more of a chance to get hold of a replacement card. My GTX980 really is starting to show its age....

Associate
Hi there

Can we not go down the pre-order line? fancy that's is the only way.

Soldato
It definitely is for me! I can already see delays, prices raising etc. in my life, so add the 1st of Jan chaos (which is expected deal or no deal) and that even OcUK employees said on this forum they expect 2021 to be a total mess in regards of stock and pricing of the products they sell... and it doesn't look good, at all. Grab what you can now, before it gets much worse - is my feeling now. Otherwise, my buddies in EU are quite happy to wait for prices to drop and better stock. I don't feel like I have such option for the foreseeable future.

It's kind of a perfect storm:
Brexit
Cyberpunk release
Xmas time
Lockdowns mean people (who haven't had job issues) have more to spend due to not spending on other things all year
Biggest performance increase since the heady days of the 9700Pro which was well ahead of its time
Cards being great for mining and bitcoin surging to near its ath

All that rolled into crap stock thanks to the pandemic and it's just created a disaster.

Cancel brexit, at least get one of those issues out the way :D haha

Hi there

Just make it an .... *checks post count*.....15k minimum forum posts limit for ordering :D :p

Back
Top Bottom