• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Soldato
FE arriving within the next 3 hours. Can’t wait :D
Is this from ****? I'm hopefully collecting one today that I have purchased off of the MM but looking at the DPD tracking they have received the order but not the parcel. I'm not sure if that means it wont be coming today.

Last edited:
Soldato
If it's the same as mine then it'll have been picked and packed late last night, so the parcel will still be in the shop ready for pickup by DPD, more than likely means it won't be delivered until Monday.
It may come tomorrow. When I bought my 3080 FE last week it was despatched on Friday and all the tracking said Monday when I looked, but it arrived Saturday morning. I don't know if DPD are just making Saturday delivery normal to cope with Christmas demand or what, but a bunch of other people on here who ordered one had it arrive on the Saturday too.

Soldato
Now this, ahem, £299 card is out, are current gpu sales at an all-time high? Since mid Sept a gazzillion must have been sold. So much for pc gaming being marginalised by consoles.

Man of Honour
I've had my eye on a supplier who mentioned 2 days ago that they were getting stock of 3060s (and Gigabyte 3070s) today...been ready and poised. This morning they updated their site with all the 3060s and 3070s in stock, I clicked on the one I want, refreshed the page, and the whole lot were gone. Whole damned stock of the 3060s/70s gone in about 90 seconds. Madness. It'll be next Christmas before I manage to get one.

Associate
I managed to get a zotac 3060 OC last night at 8:30pm. It was that or the inno3d, £419.99 one.

Strange that overclockers don't have any of the more expensive AIB brands. Overclockers seem quite well established.

Soldato
Is this from ****? I'm hopefully collecting one today that I have purchased off of the MM but looking at the DPD tracking they have received the order but not the parcel. I'm not sure if that means it wont be coming today.
Yep, I have an hour slot starting in 7 minutes.

Might want to remove the competitor name btw.

Soldato
Yep, I have an hour slot starting in 7 minutes.

Might want to remove the competitor name btw.
Just starred it out, completely forgot it wasn't allowed.

When did you get the dispatch email from them? Mine is still showing as not received by DPD.

Still trying to cling on to some hope it may come today!

Soldato

When did you get the dispatch email from them? Mine is still showing as not received by DPD.

Despatch email at around 1pm yesterday. Last night it wasn’t showing as received but it was when I woke up.

It arrived around 1 and is a heavy beast!

Soldato
Those going for the 3060Ti, is this for 1440p or 4k gaming?

Looking at reviews, suggests on 'ultimate' settings (but no ray tracing or DLSS) it tends to come in around 50-60 fps at 4k and 80-150 fps at 1440p.

My question is for 4k, how much more performance can get squeezed out by reducing the detail levels at bit? Using DLSS where available etc. For those with 2080 Supers, how do they get by at 4k?

I'm trying to decide whether to replace my 1680x1050x60Hz with either a 4k or 1440p.

Edit, and also, is running 1440p (for the frames/detail) on a 4k screen that bad? If you had a 4k screen, would you game at 4k native at 55fps or 1440p resampled at 100 fps?

Last edited:
Soldato

Looking at reviews, suggests on 'ultimate' settings (but no ray tracing or DLSS) it tends to come in around 50-60 fps at 4k and 80-150 fps at 1440p.

My question is for 4k, how much more performance can get squeezed out by reducing the detail levels at bit? Using DLSS where available etc. For those with 2080 Supers, how do they get by at 4k?

I'm trying to decide whether to replace my 1680x1050x60Hz with either a 4k or 1440p.

Edit, and also, is running 1440p (for the frames/detail) on a 4k screen that bad? If you had a 4k screen, would you game at 4k native at 55fps or 1440p resampled at 100 fps?

Ultrawide, I'll be running stock, but I heard it's essentially a 2080ti when overclocked? Also got the palit anyone know the noise levels ? Cheers

Associate

I'm in the same boat, despatched yesterday but not received by courier yet, hoping it comes today or tomorrow!

Associate

What size monitor are you thinking of getting? 1440p at 27" is high enough pixel density that you would need your eyes glued to the screen to actually see individual pixels.
So with that size screen the high frame rate at 1440p more than makes up the tiny loss in detail over 4k.

There is also the lack of VRAM while 8GB is fine for 4k right now it may not be enough in years to come.

Running games at non native resolution is awful imo. A 1440p image on a 1440p screen will look far better than 1440p on a 4k screen. Image scaling usually isn't very good on monitors and makes the image blurry.
If the game has an inbuilt scaler that works out much better but not all do.
If you want an idea of what a non native image looks look just try playing a game at a non native resolution on your current monitor.

Back
Top Bottom