• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 v 3080

Associate
Good Morning All,

What is everyones thoughts on the 3070 v 3080.

I am wondering if it is worth the extra money investing in a 3080 or would a 3070 be enough.

I would be looking to play games such as Warzone, Apex, Possibly cyberpunk

Many thanks

Associate
So I am running a 3070 (still trying to get a 3080), i7 7700k with a 144hz 4K monitor and getting over 60 fps in all the games I've tried so far (Horizon Zero Dawn, Crysis 3, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Quantum Break). Mainly tested games I was not getting great performance at 4K with my 1080Ti or had RTX features.
Doom Eternal is getting 100-144fps and that is before the DLSS update coming later this month.
I've not run into VRAM issues with the 8GB yet or had to compromise settings but can see its using most of the allocation. Not had the 3070 all that long so cannot rule out issues with everything.

The 3080 would be worth it for me as have the extra performance to get out of my 4K 144hz monitor, but if you are running lower resolutions or even a 4K 60hz screen the 3070 is probably good enough for anything you are going to throw at it.

Associate
if it was me: 3070 is a no-brainer and even that 500£ for a gpu is red line not to be crossed. (unless i win a damn lottery) so 3080 no brainer vs 3070 it depends on personal choice and willingness to spend money.

If money is not a factor then 3080 wins.

Permabanned
Well it does to some, because it can save them buying a new PSU for one and they can get away with their current PSU. Then some well the electric bills are getting silly for them, so have to think about that too.

PSU I get.

As for electric bills though, if you are that concerned about a few watts and the electric it will use you are probably not spending £800 on a GPU. I get what that sounds like but I'm being realistic here. Its what...an extra tenner a month?

Caporegime
PSU I get.

As for electric bills though, if you are that concerned about a few watts and the electric it will use you are probably not spending £800 on a GPU. I get what that sounds like but I'm being realistic here. Its what...an extra tenner a month?

only if running it 24/7 at best its an extra £1 a month

Back
Top Bottom