• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
Anyone receive a queue update for the gigabyte oc gaming since yesterday? They shipped a bunch of them yesterday but I haven't received a queue update since 6/11

Last edited:
Associate
Update: I also got issue with the connector too. One of the connector pins is misaligned. Can't push the 8-pin connector. Had to use tweezer and work my way through this. As updated in earlier posts. This is also from new batch (USA stock).

Associate
So I signed up to this forum just to address my problem. Received my RTX 3080 Vision today and couldn't get the power connector in properly. It did go deep enough so it would power on, but it cost a lot of effort. So I was thinking of returning the card, however I already waited a long time for this card, so rather not be without a card as it is working now.

It stated in the first post that the Vision wasn't affected. However, I can confirm it is. So I was wondering (as I'm from the Netherlands) if there a way to get this fixed as quickly as possible or is the mentioned email address solely for UK customers? If I start the RMA process with the webshop it could take a long time before I get a replacement. Let me know if anyone needs more information (eg. serial numbers etc.)

Associate
I think I might be one of the lucky ones. Received my Vision OC (week 42) today and did a test fit with my EVGA psu connectors. I tried 4 or 5 times and managed to get them in and out without any of the pins becoming misaligned. The connector nearest to the I/O ports had a little more resistance to the connector seating fully home but did seat with a little extra pressure. I can't test it fully yet as I'm waiting in the queue for a 5900X but will update further if I face any issues at that point.

Associate
OP
Update: I also got issue with the connector too. One of the connector pins is misaligned. Can't push the 8-pin connector. Had to use tweezer and work my way through this. As updated in earlier posts. This is also from new batch (USA stock).

Not good to hear this what Wk are you?

So I signed up to this forum just to address my problem. Received my RTX 3080 Vision today and couldn't get the power connector in properly. It did go deep enough so it would power on, but it cost a lot of effort. So I was thinking of returning the card, however I already waited a long time for this card, so rather not be without a card as it is working now.

It stated in the first post that the Vision wasn't affected. However, I can confirm it is. So I was wondering (as I'm from the Netherlands) if there a way to get this fixed as quickly as possible or is the mentioned email address solely for UK customers? If I start the RMA process with the webshop it could take a long time before I get a replacement. Let me know if anyone needs more information (eg. serial numbers etc.)

Thank you for informing me ..I assumed the vision would have the same problem eventually but i was told it would not....these Blocks are a nightmare and really shows what a rubbish design it really is i hope to never see this type of design again on such expensive cards... i will update the OP ..as for your card maybe wait until there is good stock at the shop then you can get on the new block or card replaced ..

Caporegime
My card arrived back from GB today. Picked up Tuesday, back Friday. Impressive stuff.

I haven’t had a chance to install it yet, but it all looks good. Still no heat shrink on the cabling, but it all looks a lot neater and everything seems aligned better. I’m sure it will be fine. I’ll report back when I install it.

This is the RMA report. I can’t make head nor tail of it though.

01LWl3Cl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
My card arrived back from GB today. Picked up Tuesday, back Friday. Impressive stuff.

I haven’t had a chance to install it yet, but it all looks good. Still no heat shrink on the cabling, but it all looks a lot neater and everything seems aligned better. I’m sure it will be fine. I’ll report back when I install it.

This is the RMA report. I can’t make head nor tail of it though.

01LWl3Cl.jpg

Thx for the update ..that was very quick ..that is a strange report because your card was working so wrong error there..... guess they have no error report from rubbish connector block :p let us know how you get on

Caporegime
Thx for the update ..that was very quick ..that is a strange report because your card was working so wrong error there..... guess they have no error report from rubbish connector block :p let us know how you get on
Well, I never actually tested the card, so I don’t know if it was working. Very likely was, but if it weren’t, I had a lucky escape by sending it straight off lol

Associate
I'm still having random shutdowns, Been trying to rack my brain on what it is. I'm narrowing it down to either PSU or GPU. I just installed new RAM and it's still doing the shutdowns on that. I doubt it's the PSU considering it's a 1000w. So I'm dreading that it's the card. I've already RMA'd it to get the power connector fixed to I'm dreading having to send it again.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi All. Just joined up to participate in this discussion as I recently installed a Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC (about three weeks ago). It's a week 42 and does not have the heat shrink, but I saw @GIGA-Man state that the "fixed" connectors won't necessarily have the heat shrink. MY PC has actually been running great, I was considering swapping out the cables for those Lian Li RGB cables but a friend of mine directed me to this thread. Not gonna lie now I'm nervous to even breath on these connectors :) This is my first gaming tower (I've always gamed on an Asus laptop). But at the same time I don't want to live in fear of touching my PC so I'll probably just give it a go and see what happens. I do wish there was a definitive way to tell whether or not I have the new connectors but based on a few posts it seems possible that even week 42 cards are faulty? If I discover any issues I'll post them here. Thanks for this thread it has been super helpful....

Associate
heya, i got my 3080 eagle today and its a wk43 so should be the new connector, the pcie pins are super big so the fit is very tight, took multiple tried and making sure pins were straight as they bent when trying to get it plugged in, ive managed to get them both in now but im wondering if i should just RMA it or wait for this to be figured out and sorted before i waste my time considering i have an updated one.

Associate
OP
I'm still having random shutdowns, Been trying to rack my brain on what it is. I'm narrowing it down to either PSU or GPU. I just installed new RAM and it's still doing the shutdowns on that. I doubt it's the PSU considering it's a 1000w. So I'm dreading that it's the card. I did already RMA it to get the power connector issue fixed.

hope the RMA is quick for you

Hi All. Just joined up to participate in this discussion as I recently installed a Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC (about three weeks ago). It's a week 42 and does not have the heat shrink, but I saw @GIGA-Man state that the "fixed" connectors won't necessarily have the heat shrink. MY PC has actually been running great, I was considering swapping out the cables for those Lian Li RGB cables but a friend of mine directed me to this thread. Not gonna lie now I'm nervous to even breath on these connectors :) This is my first gaming tower (I've always gamed on an Asus laptop). But at the same time I don't want to live in fear of touching my PC so I'll probably just give it a go and see what happens. I do wish there was a definitive way to tell whether or not I have the new connectors but based on a few posts it seems possible that even week 42 cards are faulty? If I discover any issues I'll post them here. Thanks for this thread it has been super helpful....

Thanks for sharing . agree you should not have be worried about a product breaking by doing such a simple task more so the cost of these things.

Hope all go's well putting the new cables on let us know how you get on.

heya, i got my 3080 eagle today and its a wk43 so should be the new connector, the pcie pins are super big so the fit is very tight, took multiple tried and making sure pins were straight as they bent when trying to get it plugged in, ive managed to get them both in now but im wondering if i should just RMA it or wait for this to be figured out and sorted before i waste my time considering i have an updated one.

If its working atm just get using it ..then once all the dust settles and there is more stock on the shelves then RMA it just to make sure you on the new block.

Either way its something that will be in the back of your mind ..and that is something no one should have to worry about to say how much these cards cost.

Associate
Hi everyone! I joined because 2 days ago I recieved the 3080 GAMING OC Gigabyte and when my gf was trying to install it we found the pcu port problem reported here. We are from spain and it seems that the customer service here is not good. Our ticket is still pending of processing : ( any idea or help?

edit: typo

Associate
OP
Hi everyone! I joined because 2 days ago I recieved the 3080 GAMING OC Gigabyte and when my gf was trying to install it we found the pcu port problem reported here. We are from spain and it seems that the customer service here is not good. Our ticket is still pending of processing : ( any idea or help?

what WK is your card and you are having the same problems with the pins is this correct .

If so i can only advise you contact GIGABYTE Spain on the website to start an RMA ..or maybe the shop you bought it from may be aware of the this problem which may be the quicker option re returning getting fixed.

Link them this thread that may help .

Associate

Hello! Can you let us know what week your card was produced? If you look at the serial number printed on the card it starts with SN20xx..... "xx" is the week number.

edit: oops sorry didn't realize Harney just asked this question. Thanks Harney for your response to my post.

Caporegime
Good news, I installed my card today and the pins went in a treat. Plugged them in and out four times in a row without any issue.

Did some gaming, some benching and an hour of Furmark stress test, and the card has been solid as a rock with a max temp of 74 degrees.

Associate
OP
Good news, I installed my card today and the pins went in a treat. Plugged them in and out four times in a row without any issue.

Did some gaming, some benching and an hour of Furmark stress test, and the card has been solid as a rock with a max temp of 74 degrees.

Did Gigabyte pay you for good thread feedback :p

Seriously thanks for the feedback and happy your up and running with no problems

enjoy

Back
Top Bottom