• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
Couldnt find anything negative about your psu and rtx 3070 online but Azrael1 is right. I dont think you need 1300w you just need one whom holds spikes easily. For instance i have 3080 with old evga 850g2 gold and all work flawlessly.
For future upgrade is good to buy strong psu rumour is that new rtx 40 series will draw around 350-400w

Good to hear thats the same PSU I've got Evga 850G2 Gold Supernova want to run a single Asus Tuf RTX3070Ti from it.

Associate
I have missed out on an FE as I excitedly bought a 3090 and then realised the pricing was a bit mental so I cancelled. I was really looking for a 3070 or 3080 but that chance is gone now to be honest.

I have a white build and I decided to purchase a 3080 Vision as they have dropped in price a bit now (still expensive!).

This is quite a long thread to read through but am I right in saying that basically any serial that is 2038 or below is bad, and any that is 2039 or above is good?

Associate
Hello sir!

I have looked for ages after a new cable for my 3080 Gaming OC 10g but cant find it(!).
Could you please help me to get a new cable, as the pins are not straight/or have been pushed down.

Really hope that you will see this and be able to answer me.
OR anyone else know where to get this cable? I have write to Gigabyte but no answer..

Have a good day.

Man of Honour
Can you take a picture? Not sure exactly what cable you mean, whether it is an adapter supplied with the card, or that comes from the PSU?

Soldato
Looks like the preinstalled extension cable that comes with the card to extend power plugs from PCB to end of the cooler.
If you google 'Gigabyte RTX 30 PCB Flat 8 Pin to PCIE 8 Pin Custom Adapter Cable' there should be a vendor (in China?) selling them in top result, not cheap though. Maybe possible to make your own though...

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like the preinstalled extension cable that comes with the card to extend power plugs from PCB to end of the cooler.
If you google 'Gigabyte RTX 30 PCB Flat 8 Pin to PCIE 8 Pin Custom Adapter Cable' there should be a vendor (in China?) selling them in top result, not cheap though. Maybe possible to make your own though...
I have read so much diff. on these kind of companys :/ Also i wrote to Gigabyte support and they dont even wanna give me a new cable. HOW SICK IS THAT?! "Go to a PC shop and get it done".
So not just that they make this bad connector and problem for SO many - im also gonna open it up and PAY for the service hahahaha.. WOW. They should be ashamed, really. Im so chocked! And now they ignore my emails even..
I mean.. Its even their own cable, i would just have bought one if possible.. Not expensive..

Last edited:
Associate
Any one that start to have these problems on the cards, please contact [email protected] and I'll get it fixed for you, to save time please include name, address, serial number, check number (these are on the box label) and best day for collection. I'll arrange to have the card collected, fixed and shipped back to you ASAP.
How can I contact you? I just found out about this on my card and the RMA in Germany doesn't acknowledge the defect. They say my card might be out of warranty because I replaced the leaky thermal pads (another defect) myself. My card is under the 4y extended warranty.

Back
Top Bottom