• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
Got a free UPS shipping label through Gigabyte's support in the US. Now just waiting for them to respond to my email asking them if they can confirm they're aware of this issue and that they actually plan on fixing it before I go through the effort to sending it to them. It's insane that it takes like 2-3 days for them to respond to any of my emails/messages.

Associate
I got a WK42 but it seems to have the old style.
I works for a while, maybe 10 to 30 minutes in games, but then the screen goes in standby as if it's not receiving input from the gpu and judging by the sound the game is stuck. In windows it's fine, it only goes back under load. I have a Corsair RM750x which should be able to handle it. It's the GPU that is the problem, right?

Associate
What log exactly are you referring to? I looked at hwinfo, didn't see anything weird. Voltages are constant, no spikes in power draw...
Not sure where else to look.

Associate
Well guess it hasn't helped then, would have expected to see something in the log change right before crash. Probably a GPU issue but apart from the actual crashing there's no evidence to back it up.

Associate
Thanks for the reply anyway. I will try a 850 Seasonic Focus GX. I also contacted Gigabyte to see what they say. If it works with the 850W psu, apparently my RM750x has a problem. If it's the GPU, i have 2 weeks to return anyway.

Associate
OP
Np, thank you for making this thread.

Your Welcome

Thanks for the reply anyway. I will try a 850 Seasonic Focus GX. I also contacted Gigabyte to see what they say. If it works with the 850W psu, apparently my RM750x has a problem. If it's the GPU, i have 2 weeks to return anyway.

Yeah let us know how you get on

Still no response from @GIGA-Man should i rather just rma it? is there any way to return the card for a refund as im really annoyed that they shipped the cards without proper testing/ inferior parts.

Seems @GIGA-Man gone into hiding or GB as a whole are trying to stum this thread maybe ..but that's my tinfoil hat being warmed up :( maybe give the rep until the weekend to respond ..then if no response RMA as normal ..personally if it was me in your situation i would just get a full refund and have done with it .. Its a lot of money to be spending for a shoddy problem from the start caused by GB.

Associate
Your Welcome

Yeah let us know how you get on

Seems @GIGA-Man gone into hiding or GB as a whole are trying to stum this thread maybe ..but that's my tinfoil hat being warmed up :( maybe give the rep until the weekend to respond ..then if no response RMA as normal ..personally if it was me in your situation i would just get a full refund and have done with it .. Its a lot of money to be spending for a shoddy problem from the start caused by GB.

Wow, I had one day away and I've gone into hiding..... put the tin foil hat away.

Associate
I've mailed or already sorted collections out for all the new reports I've had. If you've not heard from me please mail the required details to me and I'll sort an RMA for you ASAP.

Name
Address
contact number
Copy of invoice
Best day for collection... (if you want the card back quickly, Mondays and Tuesday are best for collections)

Associate
Hi all,

Currently waiting for a Gigabyte 3070 Eagle non OC. I was wondering if these power connector issues have been sorted for the 3070 release? Giving me a heck load of anxiety ahah.

Associate
I've mailed or already sorted collections out for all the new reports I've had. If you've not heard from me please mail the required details to me and I'll sort an RMA for you ASAP.

Name
Address
contact number
Copy of invoice
Best day for collection... (if you want the card back quickly, Mondays and Tuesday are best for collections)
Hi, I've been in contact with your returns department with regards to my 3080 with a faulty connector.

The parcel was collected on Wednesday, but I'm still getting texts each day from DPD saying that the parcel is due for collection, along with calls from the courier himself to verify if he's actually collecting anything, since it's the same guy who already collected the parcel on Wednesday. I passed on the reference number I was given upon initial collection to the returns department, but I've yet to hear anything about whether or not it's correct, or if they've received the parcel by now. It's been a very weird process. I'd PM you directly with my details, but it seems I'm not allowed to do so for some reason.

Associate
Also, the Gigabyte RMA team last told me yesterday that they haven't yet received my parcel. Yet I just called DPD and got a tracking number from them which suggests that they did receive my parcel yesterday, several hours before they said they didn't. :confused:
5b06fa574d.png

60b310e33d.png

Unless DPD gave me the wrong tracking number, or got it mixed up with another parcel.

Associate
Also, the Gigabyte RMA team last told me yesterday that they haven't yet received my parcel. Yet I just called DPD and got a tracking number from them which suggests that they did receive my parcel yesterday, several hours before they said they didn't. :confused:
5b06fa574d.png

60b310e33d.png

Unless DPD gave me the wrong tracking number, or got it mixed up with another parcel.

Mail me your serial number and I'll confirm but we did gat a card back

Back
Top Bottom