• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
[email protected]

I wont be able to confirm till Monday as there is no one in the office until then but it does look like your card arrived back.

Hi,

Wondering if you can answer my query. I received an eagle oc on 9 October and got it in just fine. It will sit there for the forseeable future ...my concern here is when I do eventually have to take it out, this connector fault happens when outside of warranty.

what would be your stance on this?

Associate
37 and the leftmost 8 pin socket was difficult to plug my 6+2 power cable into.

Guaranteed my card's one of the bad ones. I just don't know if when I finally got the power cable plugged into it whether or not everything actually connected alright. Haven't touched anything since I put the card in my case about a month ago and everything's been fine.

It's just everybody I get ahold of in the US doesn't acknowledge the issue and wants me to pay for shipping it to them which seems ridiculous considering this issue should've resulted in a recall. Also been hesitant about sending it back because I'll be without a card for 3 weeks or however long it takes them to get it back to me, and if they're not acknowledging the issue now, I dunno if they'll acknowledge it whenever it gets to them and they take a look at it.

I'm 37 as well and same as you the right one went in nicely but the left one took a bit more effort. Everything's been fine though so far. I've undervolted it though.

Associate
Right after reading the thread I think I'll rma it to be safe after my week off next week. I'll probably like to sell it on in a few years so would like the peace of mind...

Associate
I powered on my PC today on the first day of a 2 week holiday I need and started playing then screen went black and system reboot but screen never came back on again!

After putting in another system found the graphics card was the culprit and on checking my serial it starts with 2036 so I guess this is part of this known fault and the timing of it dying just could not be worse! Is it best to RMA through overclockers.co.uk or direct with Gigabyte?

Associate
OP
I powered on my PC today on the first day of a 2 week holiday I need and started playing then screen went black and system reboot but screen never came back on again!

After putting in another system found the graphics card was the culprit and on checking my serial it starts with 2036 so I guess this is part of this known fault and the timing of it dying just could not be worse! Is it best to RMA through overclockers.co.uk or direct with Gigabyte?

Where are you based ??

*Edit
If your in the UK then use this as supplied by @GIGA-Man

[email protected]

Make sure to add the following to the email

Name
Address
contact number
Copy of invoice
Best day for collection... (if you want the card back quickly, Mondays and Tuesday are best for collections)

Last edited:
Associate
Where are you based ??

*Edit
If your in the UK then use this as supplied by @GIGA-Man

[email protected]

Make sure to add the following to the email

Name
Address
contact number
Copy of invoice
Best day for collection... (if you want the card back quickly, Mondays and Tuesday are best for collections)

I am based in Guernsey so should be covered by UK returns, I will email the above and see what happens

Thanks

Caporegime
My 3080 gaming OC arrived today. Week 37! I thought they were no longer sending the old ones.

I will install it tomorrow. I never unplug my graphics cards when in until I am selling them. Hopefully, it will be alright.

The pins look nice and straight with the naked eye, don’t know if you can see in the pic?

7tDjyaPl.jpg

Associate
OP
My 3080 gaming OC arrived today. Week 37! I thought they were no longer sending the old ones.

I will install it tomorrow. I never unplug my graphics cards when in until I am selling them. Hopefully, it will be alright.

The pins look nice and straight with the naked eye, don’t know if you can see in the pic?

7tDjyaPl.jpg

Thx for sharing ..yeah they usually all look ok from new with nothing ever been plugged in them.. guess you will know once you install tomorrow if you have any problems trying to get the pcie power in ..personally even if it all plugs in with no problems it would still be in the back of my mind not knowing if the problem would happen later on plugging in out ect ..

If it plugs in with no problems guess use it.. then once all the dust settles and there is good stock send it in & get on the new connector block... its what i would do

Associate

7tDjyaPl.jpg

Do you have the heatshrink on the cables?

Associate
I ve got a gigabyte 3080 OC yesterday. It is wk42 but when I checked to see if I can find the heat shrink, I did not find any!

Is wk42 an old model?

I am so confused.....

Associate
Hi,

I'm from France. I have received yesterday my brand new Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision (s/n 2042) ... But sadly it doesn't work.
After many checkings and cables replacing, i see some issue on the 6 pin connector ... one of them is more pressed in than the others, as you can see on pictures below.

Then i found many pages on the internet about this issue ... As i can read on the first thread, issue seems to be still present on Gigabyte RTX 3070 ... Throught the backplate, it seems to be the old connectors type.

I made a RMA with my retailer , Materiel.net webshop (LDLC Group branch) ... Waiting for their reply early this next week ...

@GIGA-Man : Does Gigabyte have support for this issue with retailers or customers in France ?

Thanks for your replies and this helpfull thread !

Cordialement

JB

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom