• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080ti -> upgrade? is it worth it?

Associate
I got a 3080ti and i a lg c2 @ 4k. The game i play mostly is hunt showdown where i get 90ish fps but I think i am on a limited time with upcoming games.
my cpu is a ryzen 5800x3d and i got 32gigs of ram

Associate
Not in my opinion but whether it's worth it is down to you.

Not the best time to try and future proof your gpu with current prices tbh.

I'll be sticking with my 3080ti til at least 50 series or later as can't say I really notice anything over 90 fps on my 4K screen.

Associate
OP
Is it struggling at all now? Why exactly are you looking to upgrade?
was thinking to go to a 4080 probably
Not in my opinion but whether it's worth it is down to you.

Not the best time to try and future proof your gpu with current prices tbh.

I'll be sticking with my 3080ti til at least 50 series or later as can't say I really notice anything over 90 fps on my 4K screen.
is it worth going to a 3090ti or you think i'd just be wasting money?

Associate
I'm on a 3080FE and still see no reason to upgrade, with DLSS it just keeps chugging along with great performance.

Might change with some of the upcoming UE5 games, but for now it's fine. Starfield might also be interesting.

Associate
I'm on a 3080FE and still see no reason to upgrade, with DLSS it just keeps chugging along with great performance.

Might change with some of the upcoming UE5 games, but for now it's fine. Starfield might also be interesting.
I'm here with a 3080 too. Cyberpunk 2077 was the game that made me upgrade back then from a 1080ti. I get the upgrade itch too but to me there's still nothing upcoming on that level yet.

Soldato
I went to 4090 for some of the games I wanted to play maxed out, stuff like Cyberpunk.

It was a frivolous upgrade that I didn't need to do, and was not good value for money at all, but I wanted to treat myself and had been just saving for a bit, so could afford it :)

If I was only playing one game and it was already 90 FPS though, I don't think I'd bother.

Last edited:
Associate
I upgraded to a 42" C2 as well (from a 1440 UW) and am on a 12700K/6900 XT.

I don't feel the need for more power and certainly not at current gen pricing.

90 FPS on a C2 is plenty with FreeSync/GSync and the almost zero input lag of an OLED.

Back
Top Bottom