• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3090 Ti or 7900 XTX

Soldato
I currently have one of the top of the line MSI 3090 Ti GPUs.

Is it worth selling it and buying a 7900 XTX for similar cost? I mainly (only) play Warzone.

Looking at videos the 7900 XTX pumps out more frames, but also sounds like AMD drivers are still a **** show. I've not had AMD cards for many years due to issues with drivers but not sure if they improved since then (going back at least 10 years)

Last edited:
Associate
Would be an upgrade, but I wouldn't spend any meaningful amount of cash on it especially with new GPUs on the horizon.

It's not like the 3090 Ti can't play Warzone, or any other modern games at a reasonable FPS.

Associate
You'd definitely see an improvement going to the XTX - particulary because Warzone also just generally favours AMD cards - but it's only you who can decide whether it's financially worth it to upgrade.

If it's me with a 3090Ti and it's my money then I'm not sure I'd be upgrading right now with so much to be revealed shortly, doesn't hurt to wait a few months and just drop settings down a few more notches to eke out a few extra frames here and there.

Soldato
The drivers are fine no sure why you would think otherwise. I run a 7900xt in Mw3/Warzone at 1440p and comfortably sit between 200 and 240fps with most settings at max. Cod does seem to like AMD so you would see a nice boost in fps. Do you need it though is the question. If you run a 240hz monitor like me then there could be a benefit if 144hz and below you are most likely going to be fine on the ti.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It looks like I could sell my 3090 Ti and buy a 7900 XTX and either break even or make money. At the same time ive never had any issues at all with my 3090 Ti and it sits idle at 26c most of the time.

Monitor wise, im on a 100hz 3400 x 1440 Gsync. Ive downed a few settings to keep everything above 100hz but it was more a Warzone futureproof thing.
Also why not if it doesnt cost anything.

Soldato
It looks like I could sell my 3090 Ti and buy a 7900 XTX and either break even or make money. At the same time ive never had any issues at all with my 3090 Ti and it sits idle at 26c most of the time.

Monitor wise, im on a 100hz 3400 x 1440 Gsync. Ive downed a few settings to keep everything above 100hz but it was more a Warzone futureproof thing.
Also why not if it doesnt cost anything.
If you are not going to lose money it's a no brainer as it's a free upgrade for the game you play. It's also an upgrade in general so if you can do it i would say go for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you point me in the direction of the nugget buying a used 3090Ti for the same amount as a new XTX? I've got some tartan paint I need to flog.
Tartan paint you say. How much as there is a few numpty's in my street that would buy it. Just make sure you are a few hundred miles away when they try to apply it to there walls.

Man of Honour
Almost no driver issues with my 7900XTX. For whatever reason Far Cry New Dawn gets a driver shutdown every few minutes of play, but other than that they’ve been great. It’s a strong card. 4K 120fps locked on most games I’ve played.

Also, update that monitor!!!

Amazing how many people spend a fortune on everything other than their monitor.

Soldato
I got a solid by one of the forum members on here. Samsung G7 for £280 at 6 months old was a great purchase. Think they were £550 or more at the time. It gave Vega a bit more life as i was 4k before dropping to 1440p. The 240hz and semi decent hdr was the biggest change. So yea can't agree more that keeping up to date with screen tech is pretty important.

Back
Top Bottom