• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Hi guys. After installing a 3090 in my system I can’t get into bios with display port it displays a white light to show no display connected. However with hdmi I can get into bios and can install windows. It installs bit as soon as I get to the the loading screen it displays the windows logo and then the screen goes blank. Not sure what’s going on. Thanks in advance

Soldato
Yeah sorry

5950x
Asus x570 crosshairs hero
32gb gskill 3600 ram
2-1Tb WD 850 nvme
Asus strix 3090
Phanteks revolt 1200w psu
Samsung neo g9 monitor
No onboard graphics

Have you gone into your monitor settings and set it to display port 1.4 mode and not dp 1.3 or 1.2 ? Also make sure to use the dp cable that came with the monitor not one you had plugged in before.

Associate
OP
Ok so I quickly tried it this morning before I had to leave for work. Left everything unplugged overnight. Displayport is now out putting and it goes through the boot and the white lights gone but it still went black on windows going through boot phase. I’m also now getting 9e code on my motherboard display.

Soldato
Yes it is. The dp was working previously with this monitor.

Have you updated the firmware on the Monitor recently ? Also have you tried to go into safe mode and use DDU to remove the drivers ? You say it works with HDMI, so I would try that too. Also is your windows in UEFI mode or legacy CSM mode ? You may need to convert windows to UEFI mode and set the BIOS to UEFI in the motherboard too, as a test you can clear the bios and it should default to UEFI and you should then be able to get into the BIOS with DP if that is the case too.

Associate
OP
Have you updated the firmware on the Monitor recently ? Also have you tried to go into safe mode and use DDU to remove the drivers ? You say it works with HDMI, so I would try that too. Also is your windows in UEFI mode or legacy CSM mode ? You may need to convert windows to UEFI mode and set the BIOS to UEFI in the motherboard too, as a test you can clear the bios and it should default to UEFI and you should then be able to get into the BIOS with DP if that is the case too.
I did a clean install so last night so all I managed to get to was the checking for updates stage. Then it rebooted and then it displayed just getting things ready and then after that black screen. Tried several restarts and it all ended the same way. If it was faulty you would I still be able to see the bios and windows booting up messages?

Associate
OP
Ok will try when I get back. Was kinda of flapping last night when I made the post. Just weird I was getting a white light on my motherboard with dp connected and not with hdmi. A weird one for sure.

Soldato
Ok will try when I get back. Was kinda of flapping last night when I made the post. Just weird I was getting a white light on my motherboard with dp connected and not with hdmi. A weird one for sure.
OHHHH....

That's the power saving on the monitor... It's a known issue on samsung monitors and some others with the new eco modes, if the monitor goes into a long sleep (deep sleep) it will not start up with the pc and shows a error on the motherboard with dp stating VGA error.

Turn off all the eco rubbish in the monitor settings there is more than one place to do it.

An easy test for it is shut down the pc let the montor turn off first and then turn on the pc right away (within 3 or so mins) and it will start up on dp and show the bios and windows loading. If the monitor has been off a long time or it went into sleep mode in windows for a long time same thing will happen.

You can easily test it this way too if the monitor has been off a long time and pc is shut down, turn on monitor first with the power switch and then turn on the pc, again it will work right.

See same issue here :- https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/samsung-monitor-doesnt-automatically-turn-on.18937543/

I only know that because I got hit by it too, with the samsung CRG G9 when I got a 3090.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
OHHHH....

That's the power saving on the monitor... It's a known issue on samsung monitors and some others with the new eco modes, if the monitor goes into a long sleep (deep sleep) it will not start up with the pc and shows a error on the motherboard with dp stating VGA error.

Turn off all the eco rubbish in the monitor settings there is more than one place to do it.

An easy test for it is shut down the pc let the montor turn off first and then turn on the pc right away (within 3 or so mins) and it will start up on dp and show the bios and windows loading. If the monitor has been off a long time or it went into sleep mode in windows for a long time same thing will happen.

You can easily test it this way too if the monitor has been off a long time and pc is shut down, turn on monitor first with the power switch and then turn on the pc, again it will work right.

See same issue here :- https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/samsung-monitor-doesnt-automatically-turn-on.18937543/

I only know that because I got hit by it too, with the samsung CRG G9 when I got a 3090.
I don’t think it’s that I had crg90 previously before the neo. Even tried turning it just just before starting the pc. I’ll try reflashing the mother bios when I get back as well. It’s deffo a weird one. It’s like windows is outputting an unsupported resolution for my monitor. Might go back to windows 10 and see if that works instead. Appreciate your input mate.

Back
Top Bottom