• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldato
I don’t think it’s that I had crg90 previously before the neo. Even tried turning it just just before starting the pc. I’ll try reflashing the mother bios when I get back as well. It’s deffo a weird one. It’s like windows is outputting an unsupported resolution for my monitor. Might go back to windows 10 and see if that works instead. Appreciate your input mate.

Just some more info on the sleep mode issue, if your monitors blue led light is a solid blue when off, it means the eco deep sleep mode is on and that causes the issue, if you turned off all the correct eco mode settings the monitor while off for a long time will have the blue led flashing as it is just in the off state and not activated the deep sleep mode.

So do check if your monitor led is doing what I said above too, as that has tripped up many people with DP connections to these monitors and getting VGA errors from the motherboards.

Associate
OP
Managed to get into windows. Did another clean install this time with no network connected. As soon as I load the driver from the usb I have in loses the display and doesn’t come back. I rebooted once and I get a 1 second glimpse of the login screen before it goes blank. Any ideas?

Associate
OP
Only skimmed. But have you tired another monitor?

Any thing in the event viewer?

You tried to force the PCI speed?

Yes I have tried all that. Can’t get into the event viewer. Other monitor does the same. How do I force windows to go into safe mode without going into windows. I tried f8 but the options not there for safe boot.

Associate
Ok so I quickly tried it this morning before I had to leave for work. Left everything unplugged overnight. Displayport is now out putting and it goes through the boot and the white lights gone but it still went black on windows going through boot phase. I’m also now getting 9e code on my motherboard display.
9E is normal, just means TPM is active in the bios.

Soldato
Yes I have tried all that. Can’t get into the event viewer. Other monitor does the same. How do I force windows to go into safe mode without going into windows. I tried f8 but the options not there for safe boot.

Holding down the power button to force a shutdown after windows starts, if you start windows up 3 times and shut it down that way the safe mode should come up on next boot. You have to keep hold of the power button not just clicking it as windows will do a normal shutdown and will not trgger an issue.

I hate the fact they removed the Function key safe mode on boot and basically one of the most stupid things they have done.

Associate
OP
Holding down the power button to force a shutdown after windows starts, if you start windows up 3 times and shut it down that way the safe mode should come up on next boot. You have to keep hold of the power button not just clicking it as windows will do a normal shutdown and will not trgger an issue.

I hate the fact they removed the Function key safe mode on boot and basically one of the most stupid things they have done.
Yeah it is. Ridiculous to remove that. Does anyone think it’s a gpu issue or psu issue?

Soldato
Yeah it is. Ridiculous to remove that. Does anyone think it’s a gpu issue or psu issue?

Did you ever flash the VBIOS on the Asus strix 3090 ? Because there was an update with the Rebar option too for it, wondering now if a bad VBIOS.

Also have you tried the second BIOS switch as a test too on the card ?

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Have you tried it with HDMI, then when the screen goes blank unplug the HDMI cable for a few seconds and plug it back in.

I still get this once in a while with my 3090FE, though on Win 10 disabling Fast Boot fixed it originally. However, it recently started doing it again since using Win 11 and Fast Boot is already disabled.

Soldato
I think NV released a firmware update for this.

There is a thread somewhere in this section.

It's for 3080ti and 3060 cards. This :-

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5233/

NVIDIA GPU Firmware Update Tool for DisplayID
Updated 10/20/2021 06:11 PM
NVIDIA GPU Firmware Update Tool for DisplayID
The DisplayID specification provides enhanced display capabilities. To ensure compatibility with monitors using DisplayID, an update to the NVIDIA GPU firmware may be required.

Without the update, systems that are connected to a DisplayPort monitor using DisplayID could experience blank screens on boot until the OS loads. This update should only be applied if blank screens are occurring on boot.

Click here to download the NVIDIA GPU Firmware Update Tool for DisplayID.

The NVIDIA GPU Firmware Update Tool will detect whether the firmware update is needed, and if needed, will give the user the option to update it.

If you are currently experiencing a blank screen, please try one of the following workarounds in order to run the tool:

-Boot using DVI or HDMI
-Boot using a different monitor
-Change boot mode from UEFI to Legacy
-Boot using an alternate graphics source (secondary or integrated graphics card)

Once you have the tool downloaded, please run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions. Ensure all apps are closed before running the tool and make sure no OS updates are pending in the background.

Applicable Products
GeForce RTX 30 Series:
GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GeForce RTX 3060

Back
Top Bottom