• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
With that undervolt seems like you'll be getting lower performance than stock

Personally I don't like undervolting to the point performance is lower than stock

So undervolt to match stock performance with added benefit of lower power , temps and noise

I run few different benchmarks at stock note down the scores temps / power and temps

Before I start to play with undervolts so can compare

I did change the pads on my 3080fe before game with ray tracing vram would hit high 90s , with pads replaced 86c

Soldato
I'll probably upgrade again in a year or 2, don't seem worth messing with the hardware.

If the card fails even with the VRAM running below 95c, CEX would hopefully replace the card anyway.

Thanks for the tip about using Quake RTX to test for stability, seems like good advice.

Last edited:
Soldato
I updated GPU-Z to the latest version, and it gave me some more details about my card (brought rom CEX).

In my opinion, it's good news, the card is probably a year or less old due to it being a LHR model:

BDTpN93.jpg

I can actually edit the size of images now, nice job OCUK!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ray tracing on the Ultra setting cuts my Watch Dogs: Legion performance in half lol (with 4K + DLSS quality set).

82 FPS with it off, 41 with it on Ultra. What the hell.

Even with RTX on Medium, the framerate can fall to 48.

Associate
Ray tracing on the Ultra setting cuts my Watch Dogs: Legion performance in half lol (with 4K + DLSS quality set).

3060ti and 3070 are ample at 1440p. For 4k 3080 10gb even can’t handle it.

Save your money return (you probably have another week or so left to do so) the 3080 EVGA to that retailer you purchased from and buy a 40 series which should be easily attainable provided you are part of an alert group.

4060ti and 4070 will be more than enough with newer RT tech.

Soldato

Yes that is about right as RT (or at least the implementation in WD) is very resource intensive.

Same as Cyberpunk 2077. On my 3090 I achieve a grand total of 31FPS in the benchmark at 3440x1440 Native & High/Ultra settings with RT on Pyscho. This can rise to easily over 60FPS once you start adding DLSS to the mix.

Saying that its over 100% faster than the RX6800 it replaces which managed 13FPS at the same settings... (FSR did give a nice boost of course). :)

Soldato
I set my BIOS CPU settings to 4.7ghz on all cores and it seems to work much better with these settings, when RT Medium is set in WD:Legion. Getting 57 FPS+ so I'm quite happy with that.

CPU reaches 90c though on some cores, probably need a better cooler...

PC gaming has become the 90 degrees C club.

Last edited:
Associate
If you can't get a 3080 Fe this round being part of an alert group, what makes it easy next time?
I managed a 3080 FE, 3070 FE, 3090 FE 3X, 3080ti FE 3060ti FE.

The only issue is you have to be prepared to leave meetings etc to respond to alerts- I agree not everyone can do this.

All sold for profit and have kept the 3060ti FE

Soldato

The only issue is you have to be prepared to leave meetings etc to respond to alerts- I agree not everyone can do this.

And that's why gamers can't get one, utter greed, all part of the problem. Hope you get **** all next time!

Associate
And that's why gamers can't get one, utter greed, all part of the problem. Hope you get **** all next time!
Well by now most gamers should have managed a card. I’m not going to hide I wanted to mine with the cards which is why I got so many before Scan introduced their restrictions in Feb 2021. I agree that was a good policy to ensure cards got to as many people as possible.

Soldato
Yes, the RTX 3080 tends to perform very well on games with 4K + DLSS Quality mode enabled. If you play a lot of games with ray tracing, that's where the main benefit will be in upgrading (or games with no image scaling tech).

Associate
Yes, the RTX 3080 tends to perform very well on games with 4K + DLSS Quality mode enabled. If you play a lot of games with ray tracing, that's where the main benefit will be in upgrading (or games with no image scaling tech).

I find PC games are just badly optimised, consoles have lesser hardware and the games run good.Why?

Soldato

So that makes you a scalper and you were buying more than one FE card, 7 as you state above. You are part of the problem of why people can't get FE cards at MSRP and you seem proud of it.:rolleyes::(:mad:

Back
Top Bottom