• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Interesting either way as we've seen 2 drops in 2 days and both 3070 and 3090 have seen plenty of stock but zero 3080's still. Was nice to see another competitor drop a load of AIB 3080's today though over at a store in Bradford... Albeit at much higher prices.

3090 and 3080 share the same core, so make sense for the 3090 to get the core if all else equal given higher margin and provided the card will sell out (which they have been, abit more slowly now). If as we have seen from AIB's complaining, the 3080FE is hitting such a low point in effect being a loss leader, may explain why AIB's are getting 3080 chips now rather then Nvidia. 3070 is on a entirely different core GA104 core so think it sits apart from the 3080 / 3090.

Gut feel is we will still see the 3080FE model if only so Nvidia can crow about it in marketing, but quantities will be too small to ever fill demand of those wanting one. More so now with the performance of the 6800XT being shown which while good is not curb stomping the 3080 or anything.

Either way be interesting to see how the market goes now with perf numbers out from both side, suspect for now it will be whoever can even fill demand :p

Soldato
3090 and 3080 share the same core, so make sense for the 3090 to get the core if all else equal given higher margin and provided the card will sell out (which they have been, abit more slowly now). If as we have seen from AIB's complaining, the 3080FE is hitting such a low point in effect being a loss leader, may explain why AIB's are getting 3080 chips now rather then Nvidia. 3070 is on a entirely different core GA104 core so think it sits apart from the 3080 / 3090.

Gut feel is we will still see the 3080FE model if only so Nvidia can crow about it in marketing, but quantities will be too small to ever fill demand of those wanting one. More so now with the performance of the 6800XT being shown which while good is not curb stomping the 3080 or anything.

Either way be interesting to see how the market goes now with perf numbers out from both side, suspect for now it will be whoever can even fill demand :p
That makes sense, if they share the same core it makes sense to put it into the card that has a much higher price tag and like you said as we've seen it still sells out. I do wish the 3090 had abit more init to push its performance above the 3080 maybe closer to the 30% mark but we'll see with future driver updates.

Associate

I agree. I suspect there's a lot of people who will buy whichever becomes available first out of the 6800XT and the 3080. And even though its slightly dearer, paying the extra for a 6800 over a 3070 looks a no-brainer (unless you're already stretching your budget and/or you can get the FE).

Soldato
Was horrid - first time it didn't log into my account properly, then half way through it brought up a captcha "please select all the images containing motor buses" with a confusing set of images half of them too small to make out so it failed twice then got to the payment stage and the page seemed to hang forever on authorisation then last stage of the checkout process it came up with "capcha failed" but fortunately just the tick box one then finally it checked out.

Same here, except i also had problems with PayPal as well so missed out again. :(

Soldato
Caved and went for the 3070FE this afternoon when they became available. I had a Zotac 3080 in a basket earlier in the day for £780, but just couldn't go through with it at that price.

Associate
New to the forum and my first post here. I have been visiting to check the latest situation. Luckily managed to get a 3070 FE from the drop today

Associate
Caved and went for the 3070FE this afternoon when they became available. I had a Zotac 3080 in a basket earlier in the day for £780, but just couldn't go through with it at that price.
I had a Palit 3070 in basket for £549 and before i clicked "pay" checked for FE and the very second the drop happened. Lol. Managed to get 1

Man of Honour
I had a Palit 3070 in basket for £549 and before i clicked "pay" checked for FE and the very second the drop happened. Lol. Managed to get 1

I hovered over that Palit but just wasn't feeling it for some reason then refreshed the nVidia site and the FE drop came up.

Associate
I was in need of a GPU as my MSI RTX 2070 just died. Sent it to the retailer for RMA and they told me to either wait for 2-3 months to get a replacement/upgrade or refund. My gaming pc was not operational for a month now. Now lets hope that this one is not doa. Luck is not on my side this year

Soldato
Had a 3070FE in my basket, by the time I had entered my Paypal 2FA code, it was out of stock and removed from the basket :(

My trusty 1070 will have to keep doing is job for a bit longer yet....

Soldato
Was very tempted by the 3070 FE but it just isn't enough of an upgrade from a 2070s. Still waiting on the 3080 or similar.

Yea, not worth it. I'm coming from a 980ti that was second hand in 2016, and has 2x Noctua 120mm fans strapped to it with cable ties and needs bi yearly thermal paste re-application - so a pretty big upgrade for me.

Man of Honour
Frustrated that once in your basket it isn't 'reserved' for at least 5 minutes. It wasn't as though I was hanging about!

Yeah - I know there have to be practical limits to prevent abuse and so on but adding an item to your basket really should reserve it for a reasonable amount of time.

Payment taken on my order but still awaiting picking so not sure mine went through in time :s probably due to messing around with the ridiculous captcha thing.

Soldato
Am I right that Nvidia are using a well known UK computer parts seller as their fulfilment partner?

Still feel OcUK are losing a lot of goodwill by charging so much more than their competitors for 30xx series cards. I've been using OcUK since getting my first Athlon CPU and joining the gold pads together to clock it. I'm really disappointed in them over this. I hope they don't end up losing more money in people going elsewhere in the future than they make by scalping over these new GPUs.

Back
Top Bottom