• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Finally got to play some games on my 3080FE yesterday, I turned the power limit up to 115, custom fan curve, 1 hour into Vermintide 2, system switches off. I had to toggle the switch on the power supply to get it on again. A power surge I take it, but on my 860 single rail power supply!!!

What clock/voltages are people going for on their undervolts? My card was boosting to 1950 so I'd quite like to get close to that.... 0.9v, 0.95v?

Soldato
Mine was scheduled for tomorrow but just got a txt saying it will be here this afternoon !

anyone got any procedure tips for changing gpu’s my thinking is .........

create restore point
Uninstall precision x as it’s for my evga card
Run ddu and remove gpu drivers
Shut down pc
Remove old gpu
Install new gpu
Start of in safe mode
Install new gpu drivers

You can do all that if you want - but if you are running an Nvidia card and Geforce Drivers you can just put new card in and it will autodetect and should be fine - mine was okay when i did that. (not sure about precision x but if its EVGA specific i would uninstall that before sticking new card in)

Associate
Finally got to play some games on my 3080FE yesterday, I turned the power limit up to 115, custom fan curve, 1 hour into Vermintide 2, system switches off. I had to toggle the switch on the power supply to get it on again. A power surge I take it, but on my 860 single rail power supply!!!

What clock/voltages are people going for on their undervolts? My card was boosting to 1950 so I'd quite like to get close to that.... 0.9v, 0.95v?

System switch off = power supply can't handle the card

Soldato
Mine was scheduled for tomorrow but just got a txt saying it will be here this afternoon !

anyone got any procedure tips for changing gpu’s my thinking is .........

create restore point
Uninstall precision x as it’s for my evga card
Run ddu and remove gpu drivers
Shut down pc
Remove old gpu
Install new gpu
Start of in safe mode
Install new gpu drivers

Shut down pc.
Install new card.
Turn on pc.
Update drivers.

Associate
Ok guys thanks, if for some reason after I’ve installed the new card the pc won’t post what is the best thing to do as I was told this can happen but I don’t know enough to comment

Associate
DPD confirmed delivery due today before 2pm. Still shocked I got one at all. Never mind next day delivery too.

Time to move my strix 1080ti on to a new home, won't get time to install until later tonight. Hoping my 750w seasonic can cope

Associate
Change it back to stock and give it a good test.

Back
Top Bottom