• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Yeah, I've joined the Telegram group now as well, although the FE's have been out for a while now back in the day (;)) prices would have gone down from launch!! Things will improve soon anyway... I've waited long enough now. AMD, Nvidia or Intel that is the question. AMD has SAM which seems to work a lot better than resizable BAR, Nvidia has DLSS and NIS, AMD only has FSR on select games which ain't quite as good as DLSS. Intel hopefully will be a decent price, I'd have no quibbles using an Intel GPU in my AMD rig!

Associate
I know the rule is just 1 FE card per generation, but I fancied an upgrade. I tried with a different address, different IP address, new account, new payment method. But the payment got declined twice.

Maybe they can match up names on different accounts, I don't know.

Did anyone manage to buy a 2nd FE card at the last drop?

Did you use the same browser? If so did you clear cookies ?

Last edited:
Soldato
I know the rule is just 1 FE card per generation, but I fancied an upgrade. I tried with a different address, different IP address, new account, new payment method. But the payment got declined twice.

Maybe they can match up names on different accounts, I don't know.

Did anyone manage to buy a 2nd FE card at the last drop?

The new address is the bank also registered to that address ? billing address on bank needs to match where it's being delivered Also don't mention if you used the same browser which if not cleared would have cookies saved

Soldato
The new address is the bank also registered to that address ? billing address on bank needs to match where it's being delivered Also don't mention if you used the same browser which if not cleared would have cookies saved

Thanks. You are correct, I used a different card, but one not registered to the delivery address. That must've been the issue. Not sure if I could have changed the card address, but I will check.

The browser was cleared, with a new IP address.

EDIT - Turns out I had changed the address on the card to match the new delivery address, did it months ago and forgot I'd done it.

They must be checking the name on cards now or something, it's a bit of a mystery to me.

I'm curious though, did anyone manage to buy a 2nd FE card at the last drop?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks. You are correct, I used a different card, but one not registered to the delivery address. That must've been the issue. Not sure if I could have changed the card address, but I will check.

The browser was cleared, with a new IP address.

EDIT - Turns out I had changed the address on the card to match the new delivery address, did it months ago and forgot I'd done it.

They must be checking the name on cards now or something, it's a bit of a mystery to me.

I'm curious though, did anyone manage to buy a 2nd FE card at the last drop?

Doubt it's the name you have people with same names , I think the bank check probably goes through previous registered addresses

Last edited:
Associate
Don't give our FE distributer any ideas
OMG!! :eek:
giphy.gif

Soldato
They speculate it was just a membership special so they are just reporting on the event. Nothing in the article says thats whats going to happen in the US for the next drop.

Also the multiple cards being bought are not FE they are different AIB models. The UK seller allows this also, I know as I've done it for my two sons.

Soldato
Think I got a 3060 Ti last night! Did briefly consider going for the 3070 but it's a chunk more money and the PS5 is my lead platform these days for most games. Should still be a considerable upgrade over my current 1060.

Soldato
Doubt they're checking names what if you have a common name
Yeah, they’re definitely not doing this. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I moved house and managed to get a 3080 in early Jan this year after buying a 3070 in March last year. I set up a new account with the competitor using a different email address, used a different card to the first purchase and obviously had a different delivery address and IP. I used the same name as that’s the name on all my cards.

Associate
I personally think the FE is a marketing and pr triumph - it's the only interesting thing in a totally somnambulant graphics card market. Even if there are some in stock as there are currently they're so expensive you really feel like you're getting ripped off. There doesn't have to be that many, just enough to whet everyone's appetites.

Soldato
So, did anyone manage to get a 2nd FE card at the last drop?
As I said, I got my 2nd FE (since they introduced the 1 per person rule) on the 6th Jan. I doubt they’ve changed the rules since then so it is possible. However, you will need new everything and if you’ve now tried a different card, IP or address then I expect they’re probably blocked now too.

Back
Top Bottom