31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz VA G-Sync - LG 32GK850G

Associate
Great price. I might actually import from here rather than Germany. Depends on the return policy ofc since I tend to be really unlucky with dead pixels. Need to read up about that. Sadly LG Nordic have no clue about this monitor so I have to import. I'm from Denmark.

I'll speak to my contact in the Nordics and see what he is saying about the new models

Caporegime
Just to add to that - Brightness set to 5/100 as my room is dark. Gamma mode on 3. Black stabilizer is off. OC to 165 was a easy reboot and working. Colour shift is over hyped and I don't notice loss of details on the edges. Overall the colours are a nice and natural not like the Amoled of my Note 8 :D.

Overall a 9/10. Very happy.

Set your note 8 to either basic, amoled photo or cinema and it will be as accurate as you can get, although be warned, it might make this LG display look rather poor in comparison then ;) :p

Permabanned
Is there a 27 inch version of this monitor? I think 32 is just a little bit too big for 1440p.

Am interested in VA after being subjected to the terrible 'black' (i.e., wall of grey) levels on my ASUS IPS in the likes of Alien: Isolation & Soma.

Thanks

Stu

Stu

Soldato
@Daniel - LG , The Alienware AW3418DW uses an LG panel, but there is obviously a different panel to be used in the 34GK950G. Are you able to share details or thoughts on what appreciable differences there are between the two panels? With reports of Dell selling the AW3418DW for £850 it makes for a very tempting option that is available now, but us techies always have an eye on the better model over the horizon!

Caporegime
@Daniel - LG , The Alienware AW3418DW uses an LG panel, but there is obviously a different panel to be used in the 34GK950G. Are you able to share details or thoughts on what appreciable differences there are between the two panels? With reports of Dell selling the AW3418DW for £850 it makes for a very tempting option that is available now, but us techies always have an eye on the better model over the horizon!

Daniel has already said to expect the new LG to be circa £1100, possibly more on launch. Considering the new FALD HDR Asus and Acer displays are probably going to be £1500+ then it'll be a decent option at that.

Associate

Hi Stu, I think that the difference is that the AW3418DW is an IPS panel, whereas the 34GK950G is Nano-IPS - Nano-IPS enables DCI-P3 98% colour space coverage and colour accuracy - this is done by improved control of the LED backlighting as far as I know. I believe it also allows a slimmer bezel on all 4 sides.

So Nano-IPS is the next step on from IPS and of course a brand new LG Display technology

I hope that sort of helps

Associate
Believe me - if I can get this out at £999.99 Inc Vat then we will :)
Can't you guys release this sooner? :D Im desperately waiting on reviews for it.

Also any chance that LG can increase the warranty on it. From what I see its a standard 1 yr warranty on all monitors. If my monitor dies after a year then its a huge investment down the drain.

Soldato
Can't you guys release this sooner? :D Im desperately waiting on reviews for it.

Also any chance that LG can increase the warranty on it. From what I see its a standard 1 yr warranty on all monitors. If my monitor dies after a year then its a huge investment down the drain.

It doesn't really give me much confidence in their product, if they're not even confident it'll last more than a year.

Associate

It doesn't really give me much confidence in their product, if they're not even confident it'll last more than a year.

in the UK our warranty is 2 years

Back
Top Bottom