31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz VA G-Sync - LG 32GK850G

Associate
OP
Yeah, I received a 'reviewer guide' prior to the unit being shipped. It has a 1μs response for the backlight (even better) and I was surprised to learn about the strobe backlight mode plus the fact it's a true 10-bit panel.

To clarify to others; we're discussing the ASUS PA32UC not LG 32GK850G.

I wonder how they got the FALD back-light to respond that fast. Hopefully it doesn't have atrocious input-lag. I also wonder since it has a strobe backlight, if it is going to double strobe like the Dell OLED for 120 pulses at 60 Hz. I bet this is the same panel and backlight that is going to be used in the G-Sync monitor later this year. The one that was suppose to come out quite a bit later than the 27 FALD G-Sync's which got pushed back till summer. 32" 4K is much better anyway.

Soldato
I wonder how they got the FALD back-light to respond that fast. Hopefully it doesn't have atrocious input-lag. I also wonder since it has a strobe backlight, if it is going to double strobe like the Dell OLED for 120 pulses at 60 Hz. I bet this is the same panel and backlight that is going to be used in the G-Sync monitor later this year. The one that was suppose to come out quite a bit later than the 27 FALD G-Sync's which got pushed back till summer. 32" 4K is much better anyway.

According to the PA32UC reviewer's guide, the backlight can be set to "24P, 120Hz, 240Hz, 480Hz and 960Hz". Not sure how '24P' works exactly, I would have thought 24Hz would be horrendous in terms of flickering. Certainly I feel they've left out 60Hz on purpose for that reason, so you'd need to pick a multiple instead.

Associate
OP
Ya not sure what "24P" is suppose to mean, maybe a typo? 60 Hz flicker is unbearable for me, could only imagine 24 Hz.

It does look like there are quite a bit of exclusions between settings. Like you can't run HDR with trace free or strobe backlight, etc. HDR you cannot adjust virtually all image quality settings, not even brightness according to the manual.

I just hope it is a lot better than the Dell 27 FALD. That thing was really bad in my testing.

Associate
and I know, we are slow to get stuff out, but 99/100 it is worth the wait :)
Can you say anything about the 32GK850G becoming more available in the EU in general? Seemed to spread from Germany up to Estonia at the beginning of this year, but it just stopped there. Not one trace of it in Finland, or the whole Nordic region.

Associate
Well hey its been on Newegg.com (US) since mid December and its STILL NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA

LG support is a joke. If they don't know the answer to a question (and a basic one at that) they just keep it that way and don't bother trying to find out. Most support at least in my experience actually make an effort to do their jobs and provide information and support, they will try to get an answer and get back to you. LG says "dunno" and stops there, mission accomplished, job done, customer helped, case closed.
At least you can get into some kind of connection with the support over there. The Finnish support site contact form does nothing when you click "send", so you can't contact them.

Back
Top Bottom