£36million to make gt5

Associate
I think Prologue is a very good way of them getting some of the money back mid way through the project, it probably means they can continue to make it to the same level of quality rather than just releasing it early.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I doubt the Forza 3 development was more than £10mil considering the short development time and considering that, you would expect GT to be much better considering their timescale and budget being directly under Sonys feet developing a signiture title.

GTA is a HUGE franchise with a huge community with a lot of well grounded roots, and IV has been a huge leap and a long development. The engine has a lot of potential if they choose to use it some more. GTA has to answer for my part in online communities, I've been a member of GTAForums for 7 years and was part of other forums based around GTA1 a long time prior. Scary stuff.

Soldato
Huge team of staff
Laser mapping of tracks (inc travelling)
Testing real cars on track
Licences

Among a lot of other factors, it does all add up. Also that GTA figure is that for the whole franchise so far?

Have you got any source for the laser mapping bit? I was fairly sure they didn't do this but I'm happy to be proved wrong :p

Soldato
All that money and Prologue had the worst handling in any driving game I have played in this gen.

I appreciate that this article is likely speculating the costs for the final game; lets just hope they spent some money developing better handling, or licensing Forza’s!

Soldato
Have you got any source for the laser mapping bit? I was fairly sure they didn't do this but I'm happy to be proved wrong :p

I dont have a source im afraid, myabe i shouldn't have sounded so exacting lol! But i do remember hearing it either in an interview somewhere. Anyway here's a new video to show the amount of detail Polyphony go through, note the mapping of the car and travelling out to Germany. Sound familiar? :p

Soldato
I've got a 360 and love Forza 3 and I think GT5 is going to be the game that forces me to buy a PS3. Ah well if I HAVE to.

I thought the exact same about Forza 3, but have somehow managed to stop myself buying an Xbox, it's been difficult i'll tell you! Lucky there is a remedy in the shape of COD6 on the way in a few days.

Soldato
I'll have a pop at making the next one if they pay me one mil. I'm not promising anything amazing though.

Who's in?

Sorry Zen, all i can imagine is some kind of abomination where GT and Operation Flashpoint are mixed together :p

I cant believe the original GT was created by a team of something like 14 people, how is that possible?? :eek:

Oh and whilst im a roll, here another vid showing the new Toyota FT-86. Now what is groundbreaking is the relationship that these guys must have with car manufacturers. There have been several cars that PD have shown off that conventionally only high profile motor press members might get to see. Anyway roll VT!

Ok doesn't seem like i can embed this vid, so here's an old school link! Boom

Soldato
Cheers for the videos MeAnBoY, although already seen the FT-86 one, I want that car :p

Did reinforce my belief that it's not laser scanned though, cars definately aren't (and that seems an easier way to get an accurate model than recreating it from pictures...)

But the tracks as well, can't be sure obviously but I don't think they are scanned, for one thing even a short track like brands hatch takes a team of people 3 weeks just to scan, let alone do everything else, the nordschleife would take months just to scan, let alone do all the textures and everything else...

Soldato
Cheers for the videos MeAnBoY, although already seen the FT-86 one, I want that car :p

Did reinforce my belief that it's not laser scanned though, cars definately aren't (and that seems an easier way to get an accurate model than recreating it from pictures...)

But the tracks as well, can't be sure obviously but I don't think they are scanned, for one thing even a short track like brands hatch takes a team of people 3 weeks just to scan, let alone do everything else, the nordschleife would take months just to scan, let alone do all the textures and everything else...

Yeah i can't really find any conclusive proof to be fair. Also i know track mapping can take a LONG time to get right, all you need to do is look at the iRacing team for evidence of this, among other PC Sim makers.

I also think the FT is looking great! Especially love the last 30seconds of that video with the Hatchi drifting behind :D Quality. On the note of the FT, Toyota themselves haven't ruled out higher powered models to launch in the future, can you say forced induction? Oh yeah :cool:

Back
Top Bottom