• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3700X or 5600X?

Permabanned
OP
5600X is a faster gaming CPU, the extra cores don't matter if they're significantly slower, look at how the 4 core i3-12100 easily beats an 8 core Ryzen 2700X.
Ah nice! Sorry I'm a bit flakey... I've not built a gaming rig since 2008 lol, been messing around with women, cars and that then lol that led to drift cars and yeah hello 15 years later! I've just ran mac's for everything else as I do prefer unix or closed source bsd if we're being technical lol.

Man of Honour
Ah nice! Sorry I'm a bit flakey... I've not built a gaming rig since 2008 lol, been messing around with women, cars and that then lol that led to drift cars and yeah hello 15 years later! I've just ran mac's for everything else as I do prefer unix or closed source bsd if we're being technical lol.

I'd go back to the women and cars if I were you, probably cheaper than PC gaming nowadays :o But, if you want a background on the current arguments 'n stuff, watch this video:

It is one of Steve's (not) favourite topics :D

Permabanned
OP
I'd go back to the women and cars if I were you, probably cheaper than PC gaming nowadays :o But, if you want a background on the current arguments 'n stuff, watch this video:

It is one of Steve's (not) favourite topics :D
Haha mate trust me maintaining a drift car, affording to break/replace/improve/tune parts and run it on 99 octane with silly short ratio diff/gearbox ratios and a rich remap is FAR more expensive than even women lmfao.

I recently sold the last drift car (my 5th) and tried to build a chilled but nice looking daily driven car... yeah 11 grand later in parts that hasn't worked and I still haven't finished lol and none of that includes labour, do it all myself or at worst a mate will help with say welding lol.

So yeah I need all 3 so I have something to enjoy when I break parts on the car as usual haha, plus I miss the aesthetic of using a keyboard and mouse, love my consoles and big tv but it's nice to have both.

I'll stick with the 5600x and next year or year after maybe acquire a cheap 5700x and a dark rock pro 4 or something hsf wise then! cheers mate, that video confirmed what I thought I might of knew haha!

Last edited:
Associate
like people have already said on here, 5600x is the better shout especially for gaming. Also worth noting, even if its 2 less cores the newer and faster cores on the 5600x will help with that. Think the overall performance isnt even that different and in some cases even for productivity the 5600x comes out ahead

Soldato
Thanks guys!
I am very tempted to get a 5700x just so I get the optimum bang per buck out of both worlds whilst retaining a 65w tdp and a little bonus extra cores for longevity ;)

Tbh that's what I'd have suggested if it were in budget, but you did specifiy 3700x v 5600x. I've got a 5700x and it's a great chip, it's basically a better engineered 5800x. The extra couple of cores will probably come in handy down the line, and I think you'll be set for gaming on AM4 for years with either chip. AM5 is ridiclulously expensive and offers 90% of gamers very little for such a huge investment. And later you could always throw in a used 5800x3d if you needed to...keeping your platform viable for as long as possible as cheaply as possible.

By the time AM4 is struggling, AM6 will be out.

Permabanned
OP
Tbh that's what I'd have suggested if it were in budget, but you did specifiy 3700x v 5600x. I've got a 5700x and it's a great chip, it's basically a better engineered 5800x. The extra couple of cores will probably come in handy down the line, and I think you'll be set for gaming on AM4 for years with either chip. AM5 is ridiclulously expensive and offers 90% of gamers very little for such a huge investment. And later you could always throw in a used 5800x3d if you needed to...keeping your platform viable for as long as possible as cheaply as possible.

By the time AM4 is struggling, AM6 will be out.
Yeah mate I totally agree! I'd majorly considered it but was put off by the fact despite 65w tdp they didn't include a hsf which would have helped me get started and afford the system and acquire a hsf as required at a later date, but screw it Dark Rock Pro 4 and 5700X - just means waiting another month to get it vs when I was going to.
Before the energy crisis I did want a 5800x so this is a nice go between and as you say there's not 'that much' in it and I retain a lower power use :D

Soldato
Yeah mate I totally agree! I'd majorly considered it but was put off by the fact despite 65w tdp they didn't include a hsf which would have helped me get started and afford the system and acquire a hsf as required at a later date, but screw it Dark Rock Pro 4 and 5700X - just means waiting another month to get it vs when I was going to.
Before the energy crisis I did want a 5800x so this is a nice go between and as you say there's not 'that much' in it and I retain a lower power use :D

There's very litle between the 7 and 8. Another month's wait for something you're going to use for 5 years is nothing.

Soldato
You don't need a Dark Rock Pro 4 for something like a 5700X. You can pick up a Thermalright Assassin King 120 SE heatpipe version for around £20-25 and it's more than up to the task. As are multiple other coolers in the price range.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
There's very litle between the 7 and 8. Another month's wait for something you're going to use for 5 years is nothing.
exactly mate :)
You don't need a Dark Rock Pro 4 for something like a 5700X. You can pick up a Peerless Assassin 5 heatpipe version for around £20-25 and it's more than up to the task. As are multiple other coolers in the price range.
true, but i'll be able to run the fans very quietly and it'll never throttle :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom