• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3800x thread.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Cancelled my original 3800X order as the site i got it from has a promo today and the 3800x is being listed £40 or something cheaper, although it'll be another 4 or something extra days for delivery, being as its still over a week away i decided i can wait the additional time for another £40 saved, so all told it will cost me £295 delivered, with my £50 voucher i had for the site as well... been reading a lot of people ordering them from the same site however have had emails stating not to expect supply until August / September!!

Errrr if it's the Rainforest that cheaper price isn't direct from them, that seller is allover the place today and I'm pretty sure it's a scam. Just thought I'd highlight it to you so you're aware.

Caporegime
Cancelled my original 3800X order as the site i got it from has a promo today and the 3800x is being listed £40 or something cheaper, although it'll be another 4 or something extra days for delivery, being as its still over a week away i decided i can wait the additional time for another £40 saved, so all told it will cost me £295 delivered, with my £50 voucher i had for the site as well... been reading a lot of people ordering them from the same site however have had emails stating not to expect supply until August / September!!

Just found that price, got to be a scam.

Soldato
Pretty sure there were no review samples for 1800x probably 2800x also - same as the x700 so I don’t think this is surprising that review sites didn’t get one.

Mine is now on its way to me, intending to swap in a 3950x come September so a few months to kill with this ;)

Associate
Love how when I cancel my 3700x it arrives within minutes and then today my 3800x same thing, all good though I just need rock solid bios or as near as dammit as I use my machine for my work 24/7 so cant afford flakey stability.

Still airing towards the 3800X but at least now I can sit back for a few weeks and read all of your results and thoughts.

Associate
3800X is the 3700x with better factory stock & boost , not sure if they can do better manual OC,
but I what I seen , all CPUs go to 4.2, 43 or less depending the silicon lotto

Soldato
OP
3800X is the 3700x with better factory stock & boost , not sure if they can do better manual OC,
but I what I seen , all CPUs go to 4.2, 43 or less depending the silicon lotto
I just can help but think there is more to it than that. Or it's significantly better than the 3700x. Otherwise why deliberately hold it back?

Back
Top Bottom