• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3900X & 3950X Availability?

Associate
Hey :)

So I’m stuck pulling the trigger on my new build because the 3900X seems to be out of stock everywhere in the entire world :(

Does anyone know when these are expected back in stock as suppliers seem to be moving the expected ship dates back every week with no stock becoming available?

Additionally, has there been any word on the official launch date and pricing of the 3950X as I’d even upgrade to that if it means I’m likely to get it in hand faster than a 3900X??

Cheers,

Soldato
Hey :)

So I’m stuck pulling the trigger on my new build because the 3900X seems to be out of stock everywhere in the entire world :(

Does anyone know when these are expected back in stock as suppliers seem to be moving the expected ship dates back every week with no stock becoming available?

Additionally, has there been any word on the official launch date and pricing of the 3950X as I’d even upgrade to that if it means I’m likely to get it in hand faster than a 3900X??

Cheers,

3900X is selling faster than AMD can make them :/
As for 3950X i bet would be the same situation after the initial stock is gone, and is expected around Sept 16th.

Associate
OP
*** No Competitor hinting ***
- Armageus

3900X is selling faster than AMD can make them :/
As for 3950X i bet would be the same situation after the initial stock is gone, and is expected around Sept 16th.

I wonder when pre-orders (if any) will start as that’s only a week away and sooner than the expected dates for the 3900X, any idea what they are expected to cost?

Last edited by a moderator:

TrM

TrM

Associate
I pulled the trigger on 3900x on day one and got it 2 days later with stock shortages and price going up I’m glad I pulled the trigger on day one 479.99 in current prices seems like a bargain lol.

I think amd will learn from the 3900x and have more stock of the 3950x but I think the price of the 3950x will put a lot of people off. The only official pricing we have is it’s 749.99 dollars and at today’s conversion rate it’s about 730 pounds but I can see 749.99 pounds also hehe

Soldato
I pulled the trigger on 3900x on day one and got it 2 days later with stock shortages and price going up I’m glad I pulled the trigger on day one 479.99 in current prices seems like a bargain lol.

I think amd will learn from the 3900x and have more stock of the 3950x but I think the price of the 3950x will put a lot of people off. The only official pricing we have is it’s 749.99 dollars and at today’s conversion rate it’s about 730 pounds but I can see 749.99 pounds also hehe

Both relative bargains. The 3950X brings the desktop PC into another league of processing power.

Associate
The 3950x at £750 will price it out of the general consumer market, most people I know want a full computer for pretty much that.

I’ve seen both the 3900X priced up for £495 and the 3700X for £305 which are both great prices, availability seems scarce at the moment though (not so much the 3700X), but I wouldn’t be surprised if we see the 3900X in short supply for the next few weeks.

Soldato
The 3950X isn't a general consumer CPU, it's a prosumer CPU for those who don't need a full Threadripper system.

Or it's just an overkill CPU for the e-peen measuring. I'm not the only person I know who wants a 3950x and only plays games on their PC

Associate
I bought one from a mate who thought they would be good for CPU mining, im in 2 minds whether to sell it or keep it. i only game so the 3600x should suffice. i just really cannot be arsed listing it on The bay...

Soldato
i just really cannot be arsed listing it on The bay...
You're 171 posts away from the Member's Market...get posting! Seriously, jump onto the General Discussion area, lambast the Brexiteers who think we're physically leaving Europe, mock the Remoaners who think they're not allowed to visit Spain any more and within 10 minutes of high blood pressure you can jump into the MM :D

Associate
You're 171 posts away from the Member's Market...get posting! Seriously, jump onto the General Discussion area, lambast the Brexiteers who think we're physically leaving Europe, mock the Remoaners who think they're not allowed to visit Spain any more and within 10 minutes of high blood pressure you can jump into the MM :D

:p lmfao I went in there once, what a dark place that is!

Caporegime
3950X delayed, until November.

Hi Everyone,

We are focusing on meeting the strong demand for our 3rd generation AMD Ryzen processors in the market and now plan to launch both the AMD Ryzen 9 3950X and initial members of the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper processor family in volume this November. We are confident that when enthusiasts get their hands on the world’s first 16-core mainstream desktop processor and our next-generation of high-end desktop processors, the wait will be well worth it.

Thank you

AMD Corporate

https://wccftech.com/amd-delays-ryzen-9-3950x-until-november/

Soldato
Sounds like their having stock issues

no surprise there - we heard tsmc has massively increased its wafer lead times

apples 7nm a13 processor is eating up all the supply lol

why doesn’t amd just get Samsung to make some 7nm chips for them

Back
Top Bottom