• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3950x Owners thread

Associate
Hi , I am about to build with a Gigabyte x570 Master and just 2 sticks of trident Z royal C16 sticks of ram , the only piece I have to pick up is the R9 3900x cpu , just thought I would ask do you think the 3950x is worth the extra cash , I mainly do games and some video rendering

Associate
Hi , I am about to build with a Gigabyte x570 Master and just 2 sticks of trident Z royal C16 sticks of ram , the only piece I have to pick up is the R9 3900x cpu , just thought I would ask do you think the 3950x is worth the extra cash , I mainly do games and some video rendering
3900x is still a beast for your usage. I am similar and yes the 3950x i got is amazing but i came from a q9550 c2q so anything would be a beast.

If you can justify the money then go for it, but if you would rather save the £280ish extra for 4 cores then 3900x is still a great buy and in the future you can still get a 3950x or 4950x once they go cheap.

Associate
3900x is still a beast for your usage. I am similar and yes the 3950x i got is amazing but i came from a q9550 c2q so anything would be a beast.

If you can justify the money then go for it, but if you would rather save the £280ish extra for 4 cores then 3900x is still a great buy and in the future you can still get a 3950x or 4950x once they go cheap.

Thanks for that , so the 4950x I guess will be on AM4 also then?

Hi again , sorry yes I just googled it and looks like it will be the last processors released on AM4

Last edited:
Associate
Ryzen 4xxx is definitely AM4. Remember B550 hasn't even launched yet.

X670 might not come, with B550 being the new launch.

Caporegime
Glad you found a fix.
How much did you increase Chipset voltage too?
I tried up to 1.150v, but I had boot issues if I went higher.
Was not able to find a workaround yet for my sound issue other than what I mentioned. Even stock memory and IF at 1800Mhz didn’t help.
I managed to solve this issue, i no longer get any sound crackling even when using PC-E Gen 4. I can't remember how i fixed it though, and it's driving me mad. :p

Associate
Which fan is the chipset fan in OHM? I assume the "fan 4":

sensors54.png

Im confused because I was told those small chipset fans barely ever moved, yet, it's spinning all the time.... what gives?

Also, what is the right temperature to use if I want to have it on the tray? "CPU Package" would be it?

And also, where are SSD temps here? im using an Evo Plus 970. Perhaps that is triggering the chipstep spinning at all times? but im barely doing anything, I just have Firefox opened. Kinda worried at having a small fan spinnng all the time, I expected it to be quiet and only kick in at rare times...

Soldato
My chipset fen never moved until I got a second NVME. Now I notice it HWinfo sometimes. (Still never hear it though)

I should also mention that I set a custom fan curve for the fan long ago to ensure it never gets hotter than 65c, so my chipset fan is still probably spinning when it isn't really needed.

Back
Top Bottom