• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3D Mark Time Spy not using true A-Sync, Maxwell A-Sync switched off!

Caporegime
Such salt. When a game has AMD branding all over it and shows their hardware having a distinct advantage (to the extent of Hitman showing lower tier AMD hardware beating higher tier NV hardware in DX11) that's fine. But as soon as somebody makes a test that is vendor neutral certain people **** the bed.

I eagerly await the response from FM that will torpedo the tinfoil hat brigade. I wonder what crazy conspiracy they will move to next.

There is a familiar pattern that always arises. When AMD perform poorly, it is NVidia's fault because of Tessellation/Gimping/Cheating/LOD/Pricing/Partnering/GameWorks/PhysX etc but when AMD perform well, it is because AMD worked with the developers.

I don't really care but do find it comical reading at times. :D

As for Time Spy - I really like it. Quite a long bench that will pick up weaknesses in overclock stability.

Associate
There is a familiar pattern that always arises. When AMD perform poorly, it is NVidia's fault because of Tessellation/Gimping/Cheating/LOD/Pricing/Partnering/GameWorks/PhysX etc but when AMD perform well, it is because AMD worked with the developers.

As for Time Spy - I really like it. Quite a long bench that will pick up weaknesses in overclock stability.

Aye, the exact same pattern, without fail, every, single, time.

If a fraction of what the lunatics are claiming actually had a shred of proof, the affected IHV would be screaming about it from the rooftops. As we know, one in particular has no qualms about twitter ranting.

Caporegime
Well, no not Crysis, it should push the GPU's for all they are worth, not deliberately make them all look the same.

H4rm0ny Explains it quite well.

In Preschool everyone is a winner, when we grow up we realise life is not like that.

What do you mean "make them all look the same"? Have you seen the bench thread?

Soldato
One thing is clear from all these debacles over the past 2 years. You now not just have to look at benchmarks, you have to look at benchmarks historically (see how supported the GPUs were), look at dev & publisher affiliation, and then look at reviewer's history (it goes without saying some sites are insanely biased one way or the other). Or, of course, toss a coin, or pick the card that looks better, and take whatever +- 10% hit that will lead to and not worry about the details. Imo all this hassle isn't worth the minor differences between brands though I will say this reflects badly on 3dmark - though I personally stopped using it way back when, when it was still doing the Max Payne scenario.

Caporegime
Yes, what of it?

It isn't a trick question. How do they all look the same. When you look at the results, you can clearly see that they don't all look the same. Anything that has an inbuilt bench test such as Time Spy, Heaven, 3DMark Vantage runs a set pattern of tests that determine how fast your PC is. How can you not have it look the same but be a fir test of your system?

Caporegime
It isn't a trick question. How do they all look the same. When you look at the results, you can clearly see that they don't all look the same. Anything that has an inbuilt bench test such as Time Spy, Heaven, 3DMark Vantage runs a set pattern of tests that determine how fast your PC is. How can you not have it look the same but be a fir test of your system?

Time Spy is missing DX12 features that give one or the other an advantage.

To quote FM themselves.

"3DMark Time Spy engine is specifically written to be a neutral"

Everyone's a winner with Future Mark.

Caporegime
Time Spy is missing DX12 features that give one or the other an advantage.

To quote FM themselves.

"3DMark Time Spy engine is specifically written to be a neutral"

Everyone's a winner with Future Mark.

Indeed. It would be suicide for Futuremark to start favouring one vendor over the other. I just can't see them doing it.

Timespy shows exactly what I expected. The 1070 and 1080 get a nice little boost from a-sync whilst Maxwell doesn't really benefit and all the AMD GCN cards get a nice boost as well.

Associate
Who would have thought that the first big DX12 test that didn't have AMD branding all over it would cause such a **** storm. I am surprise!

No surprise the OC.net AMD echo chamber worked themselves up into a frenzy.

The test shows an average 10% improvement for Async on for AMD hardware, which is a common theme for DX12 titles, yet apparently this means NV have paid FM to cripple AMD. It would be comical if not for the fact that some take it all too seriously.

Caporegime
You wrote all that and are so vocaly opinionated it's the polar opposite to what you claim.

Yes, I am quite vocally opinionated I guess but because I enjoy the forums but I don't really care and do find it comical reading. Having owned lots of various GPUs and hardware, I enjoy my hobby and reading some of the comical reasons for this and that is funny to me. You seem more intent on being direct with certain posters than the bigger picture but water off a ducks back and all that ;)

Caporegime
Indeed. It would be suicide for Futuremark to start favouring one vendor over the other. I just can't see them doing it.

Timespy shows exactly what I expected. The 1070 and 1080 get a nice little boost from a-sync whilst Maxwell doesn't really benefit and all the AMD GCN cards get a nice boost as well.

There is always going to be controversy no mater what they do in this situation.
I'm still disappointed Time Spy does not show what different architectures are actually capable of, its not really favouring one vendor over another, if anything its favouring the vendor whose not capable of running certain feature sets, it hides that fact.

Associate
There is always going to be controversy no mater what they do in this situation.
I'm still disappointed Time Spy does not show what different architectures are actually capable of, its not really favouring one vendor over another, if anything its favouring the vendor whose not capable of running certain feature sets, it hides that fact.

You mean it's favouring AMD by not utilising FL12_1 (and making GCN run them in software... hmmm). Welp, I'm glad we have got that all sorted, might as well close this thread up now. :)

Associate
Frankly I don't care much about this... However I am disappointed that TimeSpy looks so graphically dull in the sense that it could be Fire Strike all over again.
I hope Unigine soon come out with a revised Heaven 5.0 benchmark :D

Associate
Frankly I don't care much about this... However I am disappointed that TimeSpy looks so graphically dull in the sense that it could be Fire Strike all over again.
I hope Unigine soon come out with a revised Heaven 5.0 benchmark :D

does it? I was just thinking, if they made a game that looked like that, I'd definitely get it!

Caporegime

This really.

This forum is just a complete farce. Hilarious looking at the reactions of some posters who simply can't handle the truth.

Caporegime
I think you D.P and Gregster are far to hung up on Hardware loyalties.

For you two its always about AMD vs Nvidia while for most its nothing of the sort.

Constantly complaining about knocking one vendor where that's not happening.

Back
Top Bottom